FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the FS2000 Standard with the factory optic have a mil-std 1913 rail on top?

If I removed the factory 1.6x optic would I be able to put something else there ?

I want to get one of the factory optic rifles for collection purposes but I want to be able to mount something else for actual range time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My understanding is the Tactical version, with exposed rail, is picatinny. But the Standard with a shroud, is a proprietery rail.

So is the Manual for a Tactical or a Standard?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Does anyone actually OWN the factory optic FS2000?

I would love to order one this week IF they have the rail underneath. I'll probably get it anyway, but if it's got the rail, it's more incentive.

If someone does have one in their possession, could you take an up close picture? Also, how is the optic? Same as the PS90?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
320 Posts
After searching, I see people say it does and doesn't. My local gun store owner said he honestly had no clue, had one customer inquiring saying it didn't, and another buyer who insisted it did, but ended up never getting the standard anyway.

I'm waiting for FN to get back to me to get a definitive answer. :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have an opportunity to get an fs2000 with factory optic locally but i dont want the factory scope and was hoping there was a picatinny rail underneath. still no word from fn?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes there is a rail underneath.

The rail is plastic but it will work with picatinny or 1913 type mounts.

If you don't want the optic I would suggest getting the Tactical model as the rail is aluminum, comes with not great but ok back up sights and is cheaper than the optic rifle.

You might also run into mount/height issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
its just a window of opportunity on a local purchase of a standard model but not overly fond of the factory optic though. any pics around here on what the FOV and reticle look like? thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts