FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put 105 rounds through the gun (509M MRD) and functionally it was fine. I noticed this funky looking edge when I took it down to give it a 2 second cleaning after its first range trip. I couldn't find any good pictures of this area online to answer the question myself, so here I am. Thanks to anyone that can take a quick look at theirs and verify for me!
Finger Gadget Electronic device Magenta Fashion accessory

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear they handled it quickly! you'll be back shooting in no time! (y)
That's the hope!

As a lefty, it's the first ambidextrous gun I've shot where my natural grip won't inadvertently bump or activate controls. With my Glock 19X I need to be a bit more careful and thoughtful about hand placement. Not with this gun. It has a lot of promise for me and I'm not willing to give up on it for a small QC issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it back today. No documentation provided explaining what was done, but the barrel has indeed been replaced and that appears to be it. Which is all that was necessary in the first place best I could tell. Crazy turnaround time. Color me impressed.

·
Registered
FN 509 / Browning Lightning 12g / Ruger 10/22 / .270 Remington 7600
6 Posts
Right on! Good to hear you had a quick turn around. I haven’t had any issues with my 509. Around 2,500 rounds so far. Loving it. Everything just feels great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts