FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daily carry selection on the safe door. P232, P99cAS, P239, P245, S&W642, a Taurus 38spl, and a SP2340 on the floor.

P232 SL w/VMII and Kershaw Blackout

P99cAS 9mm w/WS-1

P239 40S&W w/VMII

P245 w/VMII

TA

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I'm not a big knife guy. I carry a small leatherman, that's about it.

And, I stick with my P99 compact 99% of the time. Sometimes I carry the Keltec 32.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, still waiting on them to get my app processed though; had to get reprinted because my first set was 'unclassifiable' even though they were better than the set the state police and FBI checked when I applied for a job with a K12 school district.

Sadly I can't carry most the time anyway since I now work for a university and the only way I can legally have one on campus is in my truck. At least I can carry whatever knife I want so long as its not got a blade over 3 1/2" long...

·
Vendor
5,933 Posts
I carry an itsy bitsy Beretta 950bs .25 auto Using Hydroshock ammo. It is very small and can fit into any pocket. If I ever have to use it, it would be a triple-tap at point blank range. (last option left to me)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes my state is a CCW and OCW state so you only need a lic if you are CCW.....but not for open carry yah i carry a gerber serated gator...or a s&w tactal blade ....it nice to have a quick open knife in case you need to cut your self free......A leather man is a useful tool but i dont want to have to open something like that if i need to get out of a tangle or seat belt fast...trust me ship you should keep plain knife in the car.... in case you need to get free..... have you ever tried to get out of a seatbelt upside down ??? your own weight will keep it from unlatching Trust me i know first hand .......

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping one of those "glass break" tools in the car is a good idea too.

TA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yup. New Mexico also allows open carry (which I prefer), but even without the licence it's a petty misdemeanor to carry concealed (aah....civilized life!) Concealed in a car or on a bike or motorcycle is okay, too; your vehicle is an extension of your house by NM law.

I'm taking the course this week, as is the wife.

·
Registered
268 Posts

A knife is always a safe bet. Not to mention, if someone comes after you, but it's not a good time for a gun, a knife is a lot better off.

Speaking of which, I need a new one. I miss my kershaw blackout, and my spyderco is a frame lock, way too slow on opening. I'm thinking of something fixed-blade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Woot got my license in the mail today. Time to decide whether to primarily carry the XD or Kimber and get a concealable holster for 'em. And I suppose a lockbox for the truck as well.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woot got my license in the mail today. Time to decide whether to primarily carry the XD or Kimber and get a concealable holster for 'em. And I suppose a lockbox for the truck as well.
Congrats!!

My brother carries a Kimber Pro Carry II. He carries OWB using a Tucker leather holster. I carry (as you can tell from above) IWB using Sparks VM2's.

Finding the right holster for you can take a while. If you can find a store with a good selection that will let you try them on it will be a big help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
GA...yes, sort of. The list of off limit places and vagueness of the laws really limit where law abiding citizens can carry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MN yep. It's permit to carry pistol, not a CCW, so you could carry outside the waistband if you wanted, but the guy that I took my class through said more people et in trouble that way than should.

FNP9M inside the waistband for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts