FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I am repeating a question, but I have searched for more recent threads and I FAILED! lol......Newbie alert!!!!

Yesterday I took my FNX-9 out to the range for only the second time. All of my rounds were below center and the instructor suggested that I practice my trigger pull by dry firing. I cleaned my pistol this morning, since I had to work last night. When I went to practice, the gun would not operate Double Action. It has no problem when I try it Single Action. But without the hammer back, I can pull the trigger all the way to the back without a release. Can anyone suggest why this might be happening? And will it be a problem when live firing? This is my first handgun, though I have fired and cleaned them many times.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the exact same thing with or without a magazine, with or without the slide. I have noticed that I can hold the trigger and eventually it might release. I've noticed several things that seem peculiar to me since I've been eyeballing it. Such as, the hammer isn't going all the way back completely, there seems to be a catch, it will release if I put a little downward pressure on the decock lever. Not sure if there's a "rock" in the mechanism or something has just come loose. ::FF::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.