FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when S&W announced this a few weeks back, I looked at the email, said "Good Lord, that's ugly." and sent the message to my deleted items folder. But the next day, I had one on pre-order. Sometimes, life is funny that way. It showed up at my FFL a couple days back, finally got it in hand yesterday.

Automotive tire Automotive design Building Motor vehicle Auto part

I've come whisper close to buying a KSG several times over the years, but never could take that last step. The MP12 has some features that made it a bit more attractive to me (Rem choke tubes-for my Salvo, control placement, grip options) so I crossed the finish line.

It feels solid, but I'll get it all cleaned and configured and give a whirl at the range next week. I've been buying cases of cheap (2021 version) buck all summer, so I have plenty of food for it.

It is handy (size-wise) if nothing else. I have several SBSes and the MP12 is shorter than the shortest (OAL). It's right in line with the TS12:
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Anyways, that's it. Will it work out? Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Mate... was this after your 4th, or 5th booster shot? :D

Just joking... It is a bit different looking, but... I am rather intrigued (just visited the S&W site) and I am in no way an S&W fan.

Been considering a similar type of shotgun for a while, but nothing really caught my attention. This, on the other hand!!! It seems to check off all the boxes and I am truly impressed.

Looking forward to your range report. In the meantime, I'm off to my LGS this afternoon to see if they have one to look at.

Cheers, and congratulations on your latest acquisition.

P.S. you appear to be suffering from the same affliction as me... A dire need for another gun safe. Great problem to have.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it (mostly) all configured. The BCM Mod 1 grip didn't fit...high rise backstrap was in the way. Didn't want to Dremel it, as I can always find another home for it. I ordered a Mod 0, which is what I generally go with. Should have gone with it from the get go.

Wood Shotgun Gas Hardwood Flooring

Hoping to get to the range later this week. If not, definitely next week as I have some down time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts