FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED 1-31-08 with BETTER pics!

Look what I just got! I FINALLY can mount 2 items on 1 side!

This is a modification of Critical Dimensions double side rail.

When I had a laser on 1 side and a flashlight on the other - the item on the inside always bumped me and was irritating, when carrying the gun on a sling.

Now, I can have both of my items back on the gun, and leave the inside side rail empty!

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just posted 2 better pics. I've since swopped the light and the laser - true, the laser is a bit further from the bore on the top rail than it was on the bottom rail. But now if I lay ithe PS90 down on that side, the weight won't be on the laser... (I don't wanna throw off the zero) Besides, the laser is zeroed at just 21 feet - for inside my house distances. Distance of the bore won't make a difference at indoor distances.

I want to thank Critical Dimensions for filling my request (making this mounting plate for me). I combined his creation with my Magazine Parts extended rails.

CD made this for me in order to accommodate the setup I have - I have the enlarged cocking handle on the right side, but I also had to have it fit alongside the wider Eotech...

I'll be doing a more detailed review of this later. However, I was pretty excited about this piece, and thought I'd post a photo.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mr1incubus said:
nice setup ship but i see no sbr setup :( why not ?
I've actually mentioned that a few times - I have been tempted to do it a few times, and I even have the paperwork.

But with the $200 fee, the barrel and new flashhider, and engraving and installation - Its about $600.

$600 to me doesn't come easily. 6 inches off the barrel isn't that important to me. The gun with the fullsize barrel is already shorter than a short barrelled AR15.

I also like the extra velocity from the slightly longer barrel. And, I need not abide by travel restrictions between states, nor worry about what to do to give the thing to my son one day (transfer paperwork)...

If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy one. Otherwise...

If Texas Armadillo ever does his, and I try it - who knows... Maybe I'll get hooked and HAVE to do it. For now, I am good...

Plus, if I short barreled it, the gun would be even MORE valuable - and I'd be a fool to use it for self defense (unless the SHFT) - not when I have other guns around...

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - Sorry, I failed to take a pic of it prior to mounting the stuff. :oops:

This setup is GREAT to have 2 items mounted (whatever U would want) and STILL have the inside of the gun with nothing attached - for comfort. Many of us ran out and mounted stuff on both sides as soon as we got our PS90s - then we found out the error of our ways on the first range trip with the gun hanging from a sling. This fixes that problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.