FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked it up today. First impressions are excellent. The quality is first rate. At 8.5 lbs, it feels lite and nimble. I hope to get some range time in soon!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow, congrats, thats a honkin sexy rifle!! :? :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I wouldnt mind owning one but 308 ammo keeps going up :cry:

edit:
along with everything else

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Cool, give us a good range report when you get the chance. These look like quality rifles. My buddy just got the top of the line SASS version, can't wait to get some trigger time on it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys! It rained here Sunday, so it will be next week before she looses her virginity lol. You all will be the first to hear my range report. 8)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very nice.

The DPMS .308 rifles have been getting good reviews by people who know what they're doing. They aren't having the same issues their .223 rifles do.

Nice lookin' blaster! :?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So whats the verdict? What other .308's did you consider before settling on this. Im pretty certain if there isnt a civilian SCAR soon a .308 AR will be my next purchase.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the verdict is, rain sucks! It has rained here just about every weekend sense I pick it up. Just got done with what was left of Hurricane Gustav, now Ike will come ashore somewhere in Texas and end up here in a few days. However I did get a chance to put a few rounds down range last week. I didn't have any optics on it, so I didn't do anything but 50 and 75 yard groups. My eye site is kind of crappy, however I did manage to hold 2 inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights using South African army surplus 308 ammunition.

The DPMS 308 functioned flawlessly and chambered every round with no problems.

I am looking at those new green laser bore sight right now, so as soon as I get it I will pick up some glass for the 308 as well.

As for other 308 rifles, I already have a M1A, PTR-91 and a L1A1. I love them all.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The boresighter I am speaking of is called the (S Lite SL500 Mag Green Laser Boresighter) it cost about $220. Cabelas makes a similar one called the (Kryptonite Green Laser Boresighter) it cost about $20 less.

These Green Lasers can be seen 100 yards away in bright sunlight. They both come with a scope reticle leveler.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks, Ive been away from this stuff for sometime and theres so much new stuff. A coworker back from Iraq brought a green laser in for me to see that he found over there. The thing was incredible.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem. When it comes to all these new accessories, I'm still learning as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
NICE .308

now you have all the fun of getting all the goodies and putting them on all those empty rails !!!!!!!!!! :shock: :? have fun be safe, you have a very good quality weapon and endless selections of accseserys to put on it .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts