FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a project guy....always have been. So, i built a car 2 years ago...and a turbo bike last year. This year i have decided im going to build some guns. first on the chopping block is the PS90!

stg-1 - Drop off at SDM Fab for a full new top end to the carrier (to hold an EOTech sight) and some internal mods that ill get into once we decide if they are possible or not.

stg-2 - SBR conversion and Suppressor

stg-3 - in body laser system...but different than ive seen done yet...and a paint job.

pics when pics are available...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool, before and after pics are great. :)

TA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please post your final pics and range results - I'm also considering having the ringsight mount milled down to accept a lower rail.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Is it done yet? :wink:

TA

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol....ya! i now realize the problems that come along with using a top level gun smith. they are BUSY!!! he has promised me the rifle before the end of the month....so hopefully i will have pic to follow pretty soon.

what sucks is, as soon as i get it back, its betting boxed and going straight out for an SBR job....then, right back out for coating...

so, anyone got a green stock they wanna sell me so i have something to shoot in the meantime!?!?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Coating

Just to let you know that I can do both, duracoating & installing the 10.3.....
Just so you dont have to send it off twice.....

Brent

HardCorps

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks brent...ill definitly send that buisness your direction.

the guy doing the site work is having a MAJOR problem removing the barrel...not sure why. he wants to talk to whoever is going to do the SBR for me, and im having trouble getting anyone who does SBR work on the phone!

lol, so much for quick and easy ;)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Bonedust said:
thanks brent...ill definitly send that buisness you direction.

the guy doing the site work is having a MAJOR problem removing the barrel...not sure why. he wants to talk to whoever is going to do the SBR for me, and im having trouble getting anyone who does SBR work on the phone!

lol, so much for quick and easy ;)
http://www.ps90forum.com/Barrel.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, things are looking up finally! Brent was super helpful and got us back on track. So on with the chopping!

removing the uglies

decking the top to level the playing field

roughed out block that will be carved into the new rail

rough block fitted

...and TIG'd

gotta love a gunsmith with a brand new 5-axis in his basement!
truing up the sides

cutting the pic profile

carving out the pic notches

and its just like FN should have done from the get-go!

checking the EOTech for fitment

and a quick anodizing to harden up the aluminum

so, stage-1 is done. Soon she will be shipping off to Hard Corps for a barrel chop and Duracoat job.

Im still researching a suppressor. ive seen alot of nice ones, but ive yet to decide which i really will be happy with long term. any advice?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Beautiful. :? :? :?

I have done the same - except welding. Everything I did was custom fit and bolted.

This makes me wanna finish my project.

Great work - more pics pleeeze :shock:

-TH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Therm-

well, i took pics of your gun to my smith when we were discussing this project! and yes, finish it up!!!! 8)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts