FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've received numerous inquiries since January requesting a Dual Magazine Holder. Although a similar product is offered thru another vendor, the request have persuaded us to seriously consider offering a Dual Magazine Holder. Most recently we have received an order inquiry from one of our state govt clients to make a dual mag holder to fit their specific needs. We're considering increasing the size of this production run to be able to offer these commercially. We have prototyped a few and sent them out for evals. These are for heavy tactical duty use and will reflect our unique design approach to an otherwise simple solution that is determined by the size & shape of the 50rnd magazines themselves.
We've also received a few request for laser engraving the Stargate logo onto a few accessories, so we're thinking of offering some of the dual holders with the Stargate logo on them as well.
Retail will be under $20 each
Need to check interest to determine what amount to make. Any Interest?
This will be a one time special run unless demand continues.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would never have imagined that there were Stargate fans here :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this still a possibility? I would be interested depending on the design. I think the stargate logo would be cool touch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Topgun said:
Is this still a possibility? I would be interested depending on the design. I think the stargate logo would be cool touch.
It would be a blatant violation of Trademark and Copyright law for this to be done. NO company can accept any funds what-so-ever to put a design that's clearly property of someone else onto any product. That is of course unless clear written permission is given or licensed. You as an individual can do it, but it'd be unlawful for you to even sell the product if you do so.

MagazineParts.com pioneered the PS90 dual magazine clamp 2 years ago and has since sold it to countless local, state, and federal agencies. Had there been a need arise for a change in design, such would have been completed. We sell enough Dual Magazine Clamps that we know what we're talking about. In our field tests, we've yet to break a single dual mag clamp. The plastic magazines on the other hand, well, they didn't fare so well.

And as always, make sure you get a non-compete / non-disclosure agreement in place with any vendor that you choose to do business with. This will prevent low-lifes from stealing designs and trying to pawn them off as theirs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dual Mag Holder

I am converting out SWAT weapons to P90s and need 6 dual mag holders for the 50 rndrs. Due to your previous generosity...count me in. Please no Stargate logo though....Addison badge would be cool though!

Lt PSS
:?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike is right about the Copyright & Trademark violation. But we didn't need him to point this out to us as our business practices are above the board. We submitted written permissim to MGM on Monday 10 March 2008 to use the logo(s) in question here and have yet to receive a response. The letter is on file at our Attorney's office. Being that this is a dead issue due to lack of needed interest we probably won't laser engrave any Stargate/SG-1 logos even if we are granted permission, the cost would be prohibitive without a larger demand.
As a manufacturer we work everyday with proprietary and patented information belonging to other companies and the US government. It's second nature in our business. We also hold the same. In most cases you don't have to ask for such information to be provided, it is done so up front. In reference to [email protected] comments above, during our brief attempt to serve his manufacturing needs, he failed to provide any such documentation after repeated request and we hold the emails where the subject matter was requested. As a matter of fact, Mike failed to provided much needed details that supported some of his manufacturing request which created numerous issues. In addition communication with Mike was always difficult. The same communication barrier that has plagued his customers at times also directly lead to the termination of our business dealings. Not only was the needed information less than forthcoming but when we did receive a call or email from Mike, it was often contradictory and left us with doubts. It's hard to believe anything when the BS is piled so high. It is good to see Mike is communicating so well these days, hopefully all the issues he has been dealing with have been resolved for the better. Due to the issues that were created by our dealing with MagParts we have initiated internal policies that will hopefully help us avoid those with such poor business practices in the future.
We are still open to fulfilling request from end users. Got an idea or you can't get what you need from another source? Send us a PM and we will try and help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Dual Mag Holder

I am converting out SWAT weapons to P90s and need 6 dual mag holders for the 50 rndrs. Due to your previous generosity...count me in. Please no Stargate logo though....Addison badge would be cool though!

Lt PSS
:?
Hey LT,
We can engrave your badge image on anything, just need a clear black & white image of the badge. PM sent with details.
I take it those rails I provided worked out good for you? Glad to have been able to help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rails are great, thanks again.

We are converting over from HK MP-5s. Two reasons: 1st and foremost is HKs dismal support and parts for its older weapons. Seems like they want to force you into buying new weapons instead of fixing old ones. 2nd, we really like the P90 as an entry weapon and the fact it punches through body armor. We still employ a couple ARs in the stack, but I will hopefully replace them with a few SCARs in the near future.

LT PSS

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
spongecop said:
Rails are great, thanks again.

We are converting over from HK MP-5s. Two reasons: 1st and foremost is HKs dismal support and parts for its older weapons. Seems like they want to force you into buying new weapons instead of fixing old ones. 2nd, we really like the P90 as an entry weapon and the fact it punches through body armor. We still employ a couple ARs in the stack, but I will hopefully replace them with a few SCARs in the near future.

LT PSS
:? :? :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts