FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating a dual Charging handle set up for my Scar, Definitely want an angled option for my optics. Is it as simple as grinding down the pin? does anyone have this set up any issues with function or fit. the stock handle is notched on the pin, is that for weight or some other function? Just don't want to buy 2 handles and fine out there is more to it than just cutting the pins down. Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm running double GG&G's on both of my scars without any issues. After examining the charging handle, most of the force used in charging is at the outer end of the handle and not the inside portion of the charging handle. The mod was very easy to do. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut down the length of each handle equally so they would fit.
Here's how I did it.

1) remove the bolt carrier
2) place both charging handles on top of the bolt carrier to measure how much material to remove
3) use a caliper to measure
4) cut carefully and test the fit.

Hope this helps. Comments welcomed on my approach.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
T,

As I outlined in my PM response to your inquiry, it is as simple as shortening the base pin length on 2 E.A.C.H.s yourself. FNF member, 'Wagnasty' did the mod himself.

-SS

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Anyone have pics of this mod ? A picture tells a thousand words !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Pro's... Ambi.

Con's... Need to have two costing more money. More chance to possibly get snagged on. How often are you going to use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts