FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say thank you for letting me in. Second let me thank you for helping me to get a new last handgun that I promised Mrs. Protector I'll carry until the last dirt is thrown in my face. Third and probably foremost Please be gentle. I have several questions. Former Deputy Sheriff and US Army and still current range instructor for State of Florida Police Academy. Not new but got my new 45acp FN pistol this past Monday and looking for laser sight for home and swamp defense. Thanks again for any help even it's wrong.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: to the Forum, I have Crimson Trace grips added to old S&W Mdl 36 and a M&P compact, they work for me. FWIW I am going to buy a CT Rail Master Pro light/laser combo and intend go the extra green for the green laser. Although I can't give my own opinion from using it here is a review on the CT.

Gear Review: Crimson Trace Rail Master Pro - The Truth About Guns

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
Welcome! :) Congrats on your new FN acquisition! :? I'd suggest you take a gander at the Crimson Trace CMR-204, it's a laser/light combo w/green laser and a very well made product from a company with an excellent track record and customer service.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I do have a Viridan CL5 green on my Fsn ( OD ), I'm on the fence , green is cool to me but it didn't last long this past winter in the 20-30 deg temps when I was testing out my aluminum mounts...
Some people rave about the V-sub compacts but I wasn't really " all in "... JIMO.
Now I do have a Streamlight TLR 2 HL on my FNP 45.... that is pretty sweet just a little bigger.... might as well be .... because the punch coming out of the barrel is a whopper... sucks to be a bad guy on the wrong end of that thing.
additionally .... last but not least, I had a Crimson trace on 2 smokewagons... a glock & kimber... like them both , never had a green CT.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Thank you for your service!!! :p

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: protector 6062

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the assistance and responses. I suspect everyone is right especially about the last handgun purchase (s). My wife's new old rule is again save up and earn money for any further purchases so I have been collecting precious metal for new purchase of light lase combo. Back out early at 5am walking the roads. After quitting drinking many years ago most of Campbell Stn has quit throwing full beers just empties, not as fun but only 16987 lbs left to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts