FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you take the butt plate off you've got (bottom to top) the space for the hammer group, the space for the moving parts group, and then a hole behind the mag release bits. What's that top hole for? Cleaning kit?

·
Registered
569 Posts
The circular hole behind the mag release is for an oiler. The rectangular space below the trigger pack is for the cleaning kit. I use the cleaning kit space to store 2 AA batteries for my Aimpoint & a couple of spare bulbs for my M3-LED taclight and the oiler space for a pair of CR123 batteries for my taclight & laser.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Is anyone using it for an oiler and cleaning kit? If so, where is a good place to buy them from at a good price?

TA

·
Registered
569 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Is anyone using it for an oiler and cleaning kit? If so, where is a good place to buy them from at a good price?
TA
I haven't seen the oiler available anywhere but GI surplus combo grease/oil tubes can be cut down to fit. The cleaning kit is sometimes available from Impact but the chain is only long enough for the P90's shorter bbl (although one enterprising soul replaced the original chain w/another longer length that still fit the box). Seeing as how the cleaning kit is little more than a pullthrough chain w/a brush I decided to use the space for something else. HTH...
Tomac

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yes, that helps. Thanx
TA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts