FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the thing, it looks to me as when you are trying to zero it, you dont so much move the reticle as you move the entire sight assy by using those outer screws to provide the vertical and horizontal movement and then the allen screws just hold it there, is that somewhat correct, and I must ask,,,,, HOW DO you use the ring sight if you have 2 mags clipped together, i cannot see through the dang thing without just holding it out and not shouldering it at all, I think im going the tro aimpoint rail thingee does it sit high enough to allow the covers to close or will the be permanatley opened???? :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
rak1004 said:
looking at the thing, it looks to me as when you are trying to zero it, you dont so much move the reticle as you move the entire sight assy by using those outer screws to provide the vertical and horizontal movement and then the allen screws just hold it there, is that somewhat correct
That is correct, simular to how some Elcan sights/scopes adjust.
It actually makes for a more durable sight since the sight itself will always hold zero. Its the mounts that need adjustments.
Its also easier to replace the mouting screws when you lose zero than to replace the entire sight because the reticle can not hold zero.

rak1004 said:
HOW DO you use the ring sight if you have 2 mags clipped together, i cannot see through the dang thing without just holding it out and not shouldering it at all
Was never designed to do that. Mag clamps are aftermarket.

·
Registered
214 Posts
rak1004 said:
HOW DO you use the ring sight if you have 2 mags clipped together
You cannot use the ring sight with 2 mags clamped together. The ring sight is the lowest sitting optic for the PS90. You'd have to have a very small cheek bone to be able to use them together. A lot of people have replaced the ring sight with aftermarket optics and rails.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have found its a rather robust little sight. External adjustments ensure the sight is free of foreign material and keep it sealed up tight. It also is mentioned above that a number of sights also utilise this adjustment system. It works well for what it is designed to do, hit stuff inside of 150 yards. But yes, it could be better... like everything else. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts