FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
This Duracoat color, Gold Coast, can look either like a green or tan depending on the lighting. My FS2000 is like this too.

This color actually goes very well with Multi-Cam from Crye Precision since it can blend well with that pattern.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is it best to start with a Green or Black body? I was thinking green, so if is gets scratched, it looks like multicam...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Iraq Ninja said:
Is it best to start with a Green or Black body? I was thinking green, so if is gets scratched, it looks like multicam...
Really, it doesn't matter if it's a black or green stock since the first coat of Duracoat will get absorbed by the stock. Don't worry, that's part of the bonding process. The stock on my PS90 was originally green. After the first couple of weeks, it had it dyed black with RIT. After a while, I didn't really care for the dye job. I also wanted a color that would blend well in a variety of environments. As in my previous post on this thread, it can appear either a green or tan color depending on the lighting. I took my FS2000, which is also Duracoated in Gold Coast, outside and see how well it blended in both woodland and mostly dirt environments. I'm surprised how well it blended. I even had a friend wear a Multicam shirt as a background while holding my FS2000 to see how it blended. It blended pretty good. I will be getting the Multicam slings from Urban ERT Slings for both my FS2000 and PS90 to help further blend them in with Multicam.

I first thought of Gold Coast as a dark earth color, but after looking at it more, it's more suitable with Multicam, which is even better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am a multicam fan, so I may go for this. Do they do a traditional multicam pattern as well? Is it easy to take the plastic parts off, instead of having to send the whole rifle?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Iraq Ninja said:
Thanks for the info. I am a multicam fan, so I may go for this. Do they do a traditional multicam pattern as well? Is it easy to take the plastic parts off, instead of having to send the whole rifle?
I think they can do a multicam pattern, but you may want to ask them to be sure.

You can simply go to their website, www.unitedarmsonline.com , and click on the Contact Us link.

I've dropped off my whole rifles to them. It's best to ask them if you can simply send the stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts