FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a level 2 or 3 holster for my FNX9 and my FNX45T. Ideally i'd like to stick with one holster style for both so I only have to train for 1 retention system.

I just received the safariland 6280 for the FNX9 today, and the FNX45T holster should be coming tomorrow. I like the safariland 6280 series retention system, i'm used to it, having used it previously. I like how after opening the hood my thumb lands in the right position to go on top of the safety.

So why am I writing this post? Well for my FNX9 the retention hood won't close unless the hammer is down. I carry cocked and locked. I assume this will be the same for the FNX45 holster once i get it.

For the FNX45T I also fear i'll have to send it back due to the extended barrel snagging in the holster... hopefully not the case, i kinda expected this to happen ordering it but figured i'd take the chance.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
The Safariland hood is set up for the guns to be decocked. I don't know if Safariland could put a lower hood on it or not. Also, not sure about the threaded barrel, but you might be able to heat up the end with a heat gun and open it up a bit if it doesn't fit. I've been meaning to get a 6004 for my FNX 45T, but have not done so yet, but if you find out about the hood and barrel deal, I'd love to know (and suppressor height sights, may have a clearance issue)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think it may work for you. I have a 6378 ALS and a 6360 SLS ALS for my M&P's 9 & .357 sig. My 357 sig has a storm lake 5 inch bbl and it fits in both holsters. They are both open at the muzzle end, the barrel just sticks out bout 1/2 inch. Good Luck and let us know if it fits

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 6280 for a Sig 220 SAO. I had to notch out some of the hood to close with the hammer back. It works fine for me. I also have a 45T I am considering carrying once I get my FDE 07 RMR that has been on order for 9 months. Interesting that there is not a lot of options for carry holsters for the .45T

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received the holster, the fit is fine, no issue with the night sights. I did have that issue with another holster I had bought.

The barrel does protrude a bit and gets hung up at the end of the holster, but it's nothing a few minutes with a heatgun won't fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're a fan of the Safariland 6280 holsters and decide on getting a light-bearing holster, the light-bearing 6280 for the 5" Springfield XD (Amazon.com : Safariland 6280 Level II or III Retention SLS Duty Holster Mid-Ride, Black, Basketweave, Right Hand, Springfield XD 5-Inch with M6 : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors) is a very good fit for my SurefireX300U. If you continue to have snagging issues with the extended barrel, I was able to remedy similar issues I was having with a heat gun, and by removing a little rubber bushing from the retention screw.

Also, if you are feeling adventurous, you could do what I did, and take a dremel tool and some kydex and make it fit an RMR. I have posted these pictures on another thread:
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnx/64589-blade-tech-duty-holster.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking on lapolicegear.com and found the Safariland 6285... They have an option for an "FN 45 tactical"...... Now the kicker is it doesn't say if it's for an FNP or FNX. I emailed their CS to see what they had to say, but haven't heard back. The nice thing is you can add a $7 part to make it a level III depending on your departments policy. I just picked up my FNX45T today and have done literally nothing but look for holsters... I haven't even shot the darn thing. A good quality duty holster is my priority right now.

Here's the link: Safariland 6285 Drop Level II Duty Holster SLS LOWEST PRICE!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I was looking on lapolicegear.com and found the Safariland 6285... They have an option for an "FN 45 tactical"...... Now the kicker is it doesn't say if it's for an FNP or FNX. I emailed their CS to see what they had to say, but haven't heard back.
FNP 45 Tac and FNX 45 Tac are have the same form factor. External dimensions are exactly the same and the look identical except one has a P on the slide where the other has an X.

Reactions: Big Nasty

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
BTW, that holster just says "FN 45, STX Tactical"

The STX Tactical is the finish, so I think it is made for the standard FNP 45/FNX 45.

Reactions: Big Nasty

·
Registered
25 Posts
I carry my FNP45-T and the soon to be @ my door FNX45-T in a safariland duty holster. This is an old thread. If people are still following the thread and want to know the holster model, let me know and I will check when I get home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes please do list the model number and pics if you can.
Safariland 6280-38321 for Glock 21 w/M6 weapon light.

I did not do any cutting/grinding on the holster. I have to carry the weapon w/the hammer down (not cocked/locked) due to the locking mechanism/loop being too close to the weapon when the hammer is back.

I was using a UTG brand tac light that is no longer produced (the new model of my light does not fit). I found an old picture I posted on here a while back. my FN is back @ the factory. FNH is allegedly sending me a new FNX to replace my broken FNP.

Once my new FNX45-T arrives I am going to go no the hunt for a tac light that will fit. Or a new holster/taclight combo that will fit together.

Handgun holster Strap Gun accessory

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.