FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to purchase some C Products teflon coated ss mags for the FS2000. I was shocked at how much easier magazine removal is over the stock magazine. This is real good news for me as Im missing 1/2 of 3 fingers on my right hand. I was not able to remove the factory magazine with my right hand but its a piece of cake with the C Products. Im not certain of the reason whether its the fact that the CP's are slipperier or just a subtle dimensional change, but man Im thrilled.

Anyone else notice this with other brands in the FS2000?

·
Registered
17 Posts
imschur said:
So I decided to purchase some C Products teflon coated ss mags for the FS2000. I was shocked at how much easier magazine removal is over the stock magazine. This is real good news for me as Im missing 1/2 of 3 fingers on my right hand. I was not able to remove the factory magazine with my right hand but its a piece of cake with the C Products. Im not certain of the reason whether its the fact that the CP's are slipperier or just a subtle dimensional change, but man Im thrilled.

Anyone else notice this with other brands in the FS2000?
I have not tried the C Products but the HK mags have worked the best for me, even better than the factory mag.

Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
gwnsx said:
I have not tried the C Products but the HK mags have worked the best for me, even better than the factory mag.

Gary
+1. i only use HK mags. i load full 30 rds. never a hiccup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used both mentioned type of mags and I like the HK mags the best. However, I prefer the price of the C Products mags and they're almost as good.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The point of my original post was that the C Products mags are easier to remove (for me) from the FS2000 then the stock one and any other brand that I own. Functionality being equal are you guys saying the HK's are real slick too or just that the are of superior quality? Just curious.

thanks drew

·
Registered
11 Posts
imschur said:
The point of my original post was that the C Products mags are easier to remove (for me) from the FS2000 then the stock one and any other brand that I own. Functionality being equal are you guys saying the HK's are real slick too or just that the are of superior quality? Just curious.

thanks drew
Drew,

Yes, the HK mag's exterior surface is every bit as slick as the C-product mags and a whole lot more durable.

But, liike I said earlier, for the price it's hard to justify the extra cost for the HK.

I just jumped over to the C Product's site and noticed that they're advertising their, "New black Teflon finish". I can vouch for the older finish, but I haven't used their newer mags. Sorry about the added confusion! :-?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The new black Teflon Coated Finish is more durable. Stainless mags do weigh more but its more durable compared to the aluminum. Aluminum, although much lighter, dents and scratches more easily, especially by the mag catch. :-?

Unfortunately, you can't have best of both worlds. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts