FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The I was walking through Home Depot looking for parts to try to make this work:

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/24937-california-legal-scar-mod-2.html

While I was there, I found a much better way to keep the stock latch from folding. These insert nuts ($8ish for a 4 pack) fit perfectly inside the cavity in the stock latch. All you need to do is get the matching socket set screw ($3ish for a 2 pack, on display near the insert nuts) and thread it into the insert nut so the end with the hole for the allen key is facing the side where your thumb will push.

Work the stock latch spring over the metal barbs on the insert nut (takes a little force, it helps to twist the spring clockwise while you push so it opens up) until it goes all the way against the flat part. Then drill a small hole on the reverse side of the latch (the textured side that your thumb pushes on) so you can fit an allen wrench in there to adjust it and you're all set.

Turn the set screw so it's recessed as far as possible into the insert nut, put the stock latch back into the stock and reassemble your gun. Then unfold the stock, insert an allen wrench through the hole in the thumb latch and turn the set screw all the way out until it stops (don't force it). That's it, you're stock is locked open and can't be folded without using tools. No need to tap out the hinge pin or any of the other BS, and the gun looks nice and clean. If you leave the state, all you need to do is insert an allen wrench and back the screw all the way out and your stock will fold just like it did when it came from the factory. Hope this saves some of you the headaches I went through trying to make my SCAR CA legal!

-Huch

IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0033.jpg

·
Registered
505 Posts
I hate California.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts