FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will never buy Ed Brown products again! I got a hammer strut from Ed Brown for a 1911 and it failed immediately upon installation. You can see in the photo the part had a huge void from the factory. Only a small piece was holding the part together as you can tell from the finish covering all areas but the specific break point (silver surface area). Now parts break, that is understandable but when this type of factory defect is brought to your attention as a part manufacturer, you should cover the full cost of replacement no question asked. Ed Brown has decided not to do this and wants to charge shipping on a product that was doomed from the day it was manufactured. While the shipping cost is not a problem, it is the principle of the matter. I will be replacing this with a Cylinder and Slide hammer strut and be done with the whole issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
sorry for your trouble and that definitely sucks big time; customer service is a lost art in today's economy and only us as consumers pay the ultimate price. Sounds like you have a solution although not war you initially wanted but it should work out for you - good luck.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but, if you noticed there were issues with it when you received it, why did you install it? I would have called first and asked for an exchange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts