FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new FNX-45 Tactical, and it comes with two barrels (I am buying in California). I will use the threaded barrel out of state, but I have a choice between a regular EFK barrel or one of their ported barrels for about 20 bucks more. I told the shop I would go with the regular barrel, but I am not picking it up right away. I did not think a ported barrel would have much benefit on a full size .45 with the weight of the FNX. Anyone running a ported barrel (I used the search function and saw differing opinions)? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm running the ported EFK on my FNXT. I haven't compared the ported vs standard threaded barrel but plan to this Monday to see whether there is a major difference. In theory, the ports will help with recoil and follow up shots.
I can speak to how it handles now and the FNXT is very manageable. I just don't know whether it's the ported barrel working wonders or just the great design of the FNXT.
I guess I'll report next week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running the ported EFK on my FNXT. I haven't compared the ported vs standard threaded barrel but plan to this Monday to see whether there is a major difference. In theory, the ports will help with recoil and follow up shots.
I can speak to how it handles now and the FNXT is very manageable. I just don't know whether it's the ported barrel working wonders or just the great design of the FNXT.
Thanks for the response. I am finishing the paperwork on the gun on Tuesday, so your report would help a lot. Thanks again...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you please post a pic? I'm debating whether to order the EFK ported barrel or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts