FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I efiled a form 4 for an osprey 45 around march 10th and after seeing some guys that submitted them around then getting approved I decided to call to the NFA branch and see how mine was doing. I was kinda surprised to hear that it was approved on July 18th(last Friday) and that my dealer hadn't called me. I sent him an email today and this was his response....

"We did receive an email saying that your Form -4 Has been approved but we have not yet received an original copy of that form to release it. I have attempted to call the ATF to see when we might see the original but have had no response...."

I was under the impression that when you efile they don't send you an actual stamp like when you paper file they just email you a copy of the form 4 with an "estamp" on it? I'm very new to this and my form 4 was actually the first form 4 that my dealer had efiled so he is also new to the efiling thing. Just curious if this is the case or if we do need to wait for the ATF to mail an actual paper copy to him? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
BV,

Pretty sure that if you efile you will only get an email with a PDF attachment of your form/stamp. I know this is the way form 1 efiles work as I received my 2 SBRs that way earlier this year.

You might have your dealer check the email he received to see if there is a PDF attachment.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you efiled then your dealer should have got a approved email. He should be able to forward or print the approved from from the eforms website. There is no 'physical' stamp the e-stamp is what they send. I think your dealer may be confused/misinformed

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, it's very possible that he's confused, like I said this is the first time he's ever efiled anything. He's always done the paper forms so he was probably expecting them to send a stamp. Does anyone know if there's a link to an official ATF page that would say that they just send an "Estamp" when you efile instead of a physical stamp? I think he'd probably want something a little more reliable than "that's what I heard on a gun forum..."

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So he talked to them this morning and here's the email he sent me.

"I spoke with the ATF regarding your approval and we will not be receiving an original copy of the form. However, the copies that I do have, have DRAFT printed across the middle and there is no MT ID # on your actual tax stamp(which I need to log out suppressors.) When I inquired about this they told me to forward them the DRAFT copies that I have and they would get them fixed and assign them a MT #. They told me this process will take 3-5 business days to complete. I apologize for the extra time and as usual with dealing with the ATF I'm frustrated that they did not send the originals to start with. The good news is you should be all finished up with your application and stamp process in this 3-5 day timeline. I have already re-sent the forms to the ATF for them to fix so it shouldn't be long now. I appreciate your patience with this and I will contact you as soon as I hear anything."

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Interesting. They may be slow, but they are usually pretty through. I wonder who had their head up their a$$ when they issued an un-numbered estamp?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys! He called me yesterday and let me know he received the correct forms. Driving over there to pick up my Osprey 45 tonight!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hmmm - original form (completed w/E-stamp) should come to the registered email address w/ATF be it a dealer (Form 3 - Form 4 etc) or your personal email that you register when you complete a Form 1 (my case SBR)... you could view the form and it would have the DRAFT water mark across the form - one approved / control number issued I got a copy in my personal email registered w/ATF.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got another eform 1 approval last week. The email did not come with an attachment. The email just tells me it was approved. I logged into my account and printed it from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts