FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one know the status of the eform and more importantly how does the ATF notify you that your eforms have been approved? Do they email you the stamp? Or should I be logging in to check it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
They will email you. There is a way to check the status on their site.

http://www.silencershop.com/support/transfer-status/

"In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can call the NFA Branch directly at:
(304) 616-4500.

When you call, they will ask for your name (or the name of your trust or corporation), the serial number of the suppressor, and the name of the transfer."

·
Registered
67 Posts
My first eform approval was not emailed to me. My FFL received the stamp and then forwarded it. It was a form 4 that he submitted on my behalf. I think if you make your own account and submit the forms yourself (I did a form 1) then you will receive the email directly. I could be wrong as I am def not an eforms expert but that has been my personal experience so far.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay guys, thanks. I guess I'll call to see what's up. I'm just at the 120 day mark on some form 4s and a 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
eForm 1 approvals get sent by email to the people who submitted them. My 120 day mark is tomorrow for my eForm 1. Hoping for 1-2 more weeks of waiting at the most.

·
Registered
841 Posts
There's no real way to check status. Just be patient. Calling to check status actually delays your approval (it's taking resources that could be used to do something else).

Again, just be patient. It will get approved, or you will hear something back.

Look at the approval times on SilencerShop's website: ATF Wait Times

SilencerShop apparently hasn't received any eForm approvals in the past few days, as current status is listed as:

Submission Type Receiving Approvals Submitted On
Electronic Form 4s: N/A through N/A
Paper TRUST Form 4s: 5/29/2013 through 9/12/2013
Paper CORPORATE Form 4s: 6/3/2013 through 7/2/2013
Paper INDIVIDUAL Form 4s: 3/13/2013 through 5/3/2013
Electronic Form 3s: N/A through N/A

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
So does this mean they have stopped processing and approving efilings that were submitted months ago?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
wow, that is ominous with the N/A's for the eForm approvals....their most recent submission they received approval for was 11/19/14 the last time there wasn't an N/A there

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh I get it now, they haven't received an eForm approval in the last 7 days, that's why there's an N/A there, still makes me feel uneasy. The only hope I can cling to is that the eForm site previously said they were processing forms submitted before the system went down...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Any info on when system will be back up?
Wish we knew.

Sad to see eform 1s going to 120 day mark. My first two were 90 and 92 days late last year.
I submitted another one in March, guess I won't see that till summer, hopefully my two paper form 4s from Aug/Sept will be back by summer.

I have three suppressors enroute (maybe) to my dealer. Maybe eforms will be back up.
Two are from silencershop which they eform 3'd in late March.

AFAIK, the website state anything already SUBMITTED will continue to get processed.

Based on the last status from silencershop's website, I'm about 3 weeks out from form 3 approval. If it shows up at my dealer in the next month, I'll report back.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wish we knew.

Sad to see eform 1s going to 120 day mark. My first two were 90 and 92 days late last year.
I submitted another one in March, guess I won't see that till summer, hopefully my two paper form 4s from Aug/Sept will be back by summer.

I have three suppressors enroute (maybe) to my dealer. Maybe eforms will be back up.
Two are from silencershop which they eform 3'd in late March.

AFAIK, the website state anything already SUBMITTED will continue to get processed.

Based on the last status from silencershop's website, I'm about 3 weeks out from form 3 approval. If it shows up at my dealer in the next month, I'll report back.
I'm still waiting on eform 3 approval on the suppressor that I ordered from silencershop back on March 4th. At the time they estimated it would take 4 weeks for approval, but it's going on 6 weeks now (presumably due to the eform system being "down"). I think it's becoming clear that any time estimations to do with the eform system and anything that has been efiled is a shot in the dark right now. It actually makes me kind of glad that the suppressors that I have already submitted paperwork for were done via snail mail as the paper forms are starting to process faster now that the ATF has seemingly shifted their resources in that direction.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Note on SilencerShop's site says that although the eForm system is down and although there haven't been any approvals over the last week, examiners of eForms are still approving eForms but apparently the email notification system is down. The site said the they expected the notification system to be back up and running soon.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Note on SilencerShop's site says that although the eForm system is down and although there haven't been any approvals over the last week, examiners of eForms are still approving eForms but apparently the email notification system is down. The site said the they expected the notification system to be back up and running soon.
Soon as in real life soon or MLI soon?:icon_lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just thought I'd share this info that somebody on another forum received from the ATF "Just talked to ATF NFA and they are advising that any eFile that was not approved prior to teh system crash will now take 6 months to process. So if you have not gotten an approved form yet then it will be 6 months from submission date for eFile."

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Just thought I'd share this info that somebody on another forum received from the ATF "Just talked to ATF NFA and they are advising that any eFile that was not approved prior to teh system crash will now take 6 months to process. So if you have not gotten an approved form yet then it will be 6 months from submission date for eFile."
That sounds like a bunch of bull****. I am choosing not to believe internet heresay on another forum. Was the forum arfcom?

·
Registered
508 Posts
That sounds like a bunch of bull****. I am choosing not to believe internet heresay on another forum. Was the forum arfcom?
No, it wasn't arfcom, it was carolinashootersclub.com. If you follow nfatracker, 6 months for e-filing isn't unbelievable when you consider that the latest posted approvals took about 5 months.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
A lot of campfire rumor stuff out there about this eForm situation. SilencerShop's blog regarding eForms has been updated a couple times with what they're hearing. Really frustrating especially considering the lack of any clarifying info from ATF.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts