Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I can only file paper forms

Votes: 9 15.5%
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Administrator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How long did it take you once you filed your eForm to get your stamp?

Multiple choices.

Let us also know what area of the country you are in. Someone must know how many inspectors there are and the areas that they cover.

OK, here is the last list that I was able to find about the inspectors and the territories that they cover:

June 27, 2011

GEOGRAPHIC DISTRIBUTION OF NFA APPLICATIONS FOR PROCESSING BY ATF The ATF National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch is pleased to announce that as of July 2011, ATF Forms 1, 2, 10 and ATF Form 5320.20 will be assigned to a legal instruments examiner for processing according to the State of the applicant's address. The NFA Branch also will begin assigning ATF Forms 3, ATF Form 4 and 9 applications to examiners by the State of the transferor's address. Applications already pending at the time of the change will continue to be processed by the examiner to whom they were previously assigned. Historically, applications in the NFA Branch have been assigned to legal instruments examiners alphabetically based on the name of the transferor or applicant. A chart showing the new assignment distribution is below.

The ATF expects this change in the assignment of applications to better enable NFA examiners to develop State law expertise and more knowledgeably and effectively respond to our customers during an era of unprecedented and ever increasing application volume. Please contact the NFA Branch at 304-616-4500 with any questions about this change.
NFA Examiner Assignment Distribution (effective July 2011)

• Nicole Dudash -- IL, IN, OH, PA
  • Chris Farris -- AK, CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT
  • Ann Feltner -- AZ, CA, NM, NV
  • Jason Frushour -- CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WI, WY
  • Sara Jones -- LA, TX
  • Albert Lamberger -- AL, FL, TN
  • Dana Pickles -- DE, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, VA, WV
  • Suzanne Santamaria -- GA, SC
  • William Shipman -- AR, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, OK
  • Sandra Snook --ID, OR, WA
Applications from the District Of Columbia and US Territories Will be Assigned to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner

This information was provided from here: http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form-4-transfer/

Let me know if you have any information that will update the list and I will try to keep it current.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Form 4
within 90 days
Ohio
What were the submission and approval dates if you don't mind me asking. I only ask because I'm wondering whether the times are increasing since they started accepting eForms and since people started finding out that the eForms were being approved faster than paper forms

·
Registered
377 Posts
What were the submission and approval dates if you don't mind me asking. I only ask because I'm wondering whether the times are increasing since they started accepting eForms and since people started finding out that the eForms were being approved faster than paper forms
Spot on. My dealer told me that initial eforms were faster until the word got out and then they began flooding in. He said they are now taking much longer than the 90 days.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Yikes! I submitted mine late late December. Hope Ill see the stamp back before May 1st.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
That chart cannot be right my examiner was dana and I live in s.c., I am 99% sure will check when I get home. The dealer I bought it from has 2 locations one in n.c. one in s.c. not sure if that could be it or not. But to answer your question non of the above. I refuse to e-file due to the fact I want my stamp in hand so there are no questions 20 years from now when they are not doing them any more. Remember e-file only works if you have a trust and trusts are what they are essentially trying to eliminate.

·
Administrator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That chart cannot be right my examiner was dana and I live in s.c., I am 99% sure will check when I get home. The dealer I bought it from has 2 locations one in n.c. one in s.c. not sure if that could be it or not. But to answer your question non of the above. I refuse to e-file due to the fact I want my stamp in hand so there are no questions 20 years from now when they are not doing them any more. Remember e-file only works if you have a trust and trusts are what they are essentially trying to eliminate.
That was the latest information I could find on the examiners. I also asked for any updates to make the chart up to date. The FL examinator (I like that) is correct.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Got home late and did not have time to dig the paper work out to check will report back tomorrow night when more free time is available

·
Registered
123 Posts
I heard (from my gunsmith) that Dana pickles is the only examiner working on eforms. Not sure if that is accurate, but my eform 1 was handled by Mr Pickles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also, if you want to see what turnaround times are just go to silencershop.com . They just revamped their site and they update it daily with turnaround times on Eforms, paper forms, forms filed individually, forms filed via trust. They have a comprehensive list and probably sell more cans than anyone else in the country.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
That's what I like to hear! I submitted mine 12/30. Just a few more weeks. :-o

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've got two more form 1's I'm waiting on that were submitted on 12/14 as well....so hopefully we should be seeing them soon.........Just for giggles I also did a paper form 1 personally back in Sept. and still waiting.. Just cause I wanted to see the time difference for myself.

Reactions: Shap
1 - 20 of 120 Posts