FN Herstal Firearms banner

--eform scar 16 sbr question--

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Falcon Defense 
#1 ·
I've decided that I'm going to sbr my scar16- I have a few questions but before I start-- what is my probability I will get approved? Am I wasting my money or time? Choose to do eform to expedite process. I'm going to pick up barrel later if possible.
the eform question I have initially is: to sbr my scar16, I'm getting the 10 inch. So what is my overall length?

Im new to this, your expertise is appreciated and your expertise is warranted.

#7 ·
Reactions: Troublesx10
#10 ·
You have to upload the trust documents (all 3 that I listed) If it is small enough you can upload all 3 as a single item. Mine is large enough I had to break it into 3 uploads

#14 · (Edited)
They can be images ...but make sure they are clear and readable.

You will need to submit all the pages of your trust.

Not sure if Florida uses a "cert of trust" document where as Utah does...

Schedule A = the listing of what "funds" the trust = the initial 10 or 20 bucks your lawyer mentioned as well as any firearms that you might add to the trust AND the NFA firearms AFTER they have been approved....thus if this is your first NFA filing in the trusts name most people will only have the "cash" funding listed.

#16 ·
Your lawyer should have given it to you along with the rest of your trust documents

#18 ·
Then that is all you should need.... I would assume your lawyer may have included the "needed language" in the main trust document to satisfy the requirements for Florida...so you might only have Trust and Schedule A to upload......Just include ALL the pages that your lawyer gave you

#19 · (Edited)
I am attaching the latest E-newsletter from the ATF for you and others to read....

Page 8 should help ya

Attachments

#22 ·
Yep the charge hit my CC within 2 or 3 days depending on if it was a weekend when I submitted

#23 ·
As long as everything is uploaded correctly, and your trust is proper, you will get approved. NFA specific trusts drawn up by lawyers that are used to this typically have no problems. Quicken trusts sometimes get approved, and sometimes are sent back for additions, seems to depend on the day and the examiner that you get. I just got back the stamp for my 16S 10" SBR and it is fantastic. Make sure you wait to get the barrel (or at least wait to physically possess it) until you have the stamp approved to avoid the "constructive possession" boondoggle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.