FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may recall I submitted my first form 1 to sbr my m92 pap pistol around February. After waiting 60 days it came back disapproved because I put 7.62x39 instead of 7.62. This was very frustrating since I was expecting to get it back in 30 days. This meant I was looking at another 60+ days of waiting.
Fortunately last week when I was complaining about my denial in the sbr picture thread "TheCameraMan79" stepped in and let me know the atf has started moving resubmissions up to the top of the list.
TheCameraMan79 said:
Big Vick, I had a similar issue. My form 1 efiled was rejected after the 45 day wait because I put model as AR-15 instead of ST-15 for a spikes tactical lower. I was told by the examiner that I had to completely refile and when I asked if I could get it moved to the top like a paper form correction he said “no, they don’t do that but it’s faster to resubmit then a paper form would take originally”.

After another 80 days with no word I called up and talked to the same examiner and he said they are now allowed to bump up a resubmitted form that was previously denied for an error to the top just like a paper form correction! They realized they were stupid not doing it that way and making people wait on the bottom. Less then 48 hours later I had the approved stamp! I wish they had done that when I first resubmitted because it would have been about 47 days for approval then.
So I hopped on the phone called the nfa branch and told the gal my story and I got the response "Well we will move you up if the form was rejected because of a fault in our system. If the form was rejected because you made a mistake then we won't move it up." So I was kinda bummed that they weren't going to move mine up. Then I remembered that almost every thing you fill out on the form comes from drop boxes and isn't typed in. So I full out a new form and sure enough under caliber it let's you pick either 7.62 or 7.62x39. So I decided that it was their systems fault for having an option that doesn't work. Called them up the next day(Thursday) and told them what was up and they said I should have my stamp by the end of the week.

Saturday morning comes around and I wake up to an email from the atf! Your form status has been changed to "submitted/in process"...... The attachment in the email was my form with submitted across it, no stamp, no signature. So I login to my eform page and the form is under the approved tab! Click on show form and same thing, no signature, no stamp. So I had to wait till today to call and he said sometimes the forms get "stuck" in the system but he should be able to get it resent today.
And it did! Just got it a about an hour ago!

So long story short. If you get an eform rejected, resubmit and call them up! It's already been 60 days since resubmitting but they're up to about 90 days now so it saved me another 30.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ATF - should you do paper or e-fie and goof something and call them (call not hound) will help you out... and if you know the examiner for your state by name... that's helps too
It amazes me ho some folks are just petrified to call them -

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
ATF - should you do paper or e-fie and goof something and call them (call not hound) will help you out... and if you know the examiner for your state by name... that's helps too
It amazes me ho some folks are just petrified to call them -
I've called them a few times and found a pretty disparate range of accessibility. I have had a couple of folks who were exceedingly helpful, and, unfortunately, another that was the polar opposite. But I suppose that's the gamble you take anytime you pick up the phone.

Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah of all the times I've called them I've yet to have a bad experience. I just wanted to get it out there that if you make a mistake and have to resubmit a form they will move it up. Everything I had read prior to this was that you were just SOL if you had a form disapproved. Go to the back of the line and wait for another 1-3months.

Forgot to ask about the refund time though, it's been about 65 days since the denial and no refund yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Big Vick, I'm sitting at over 90 days on my refund so far. I can't remember what the time frame they said but it was something ridiculous like 90-120 days or even more IIRC.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Error on an eform. They can’t just make a correction you have to file again and pay another $200. Eventually they refund your original application fee but it takes an exorbitant amount of time like in the 3-6 month range to get the refund.
[QUOTE=ORSalesRep;758638]Refund? What happened?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Downside of e-file not able to correct it. Should be a system in place to correct simple errors, like paper forms.

Reactions: TheCameraMan79
1 - 9 of 9 Posts