FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has experience with these? Anyone use elander mags in their fs2000, f2000? They are standard gi mags,square notch and all-- however the anti tilt follower seems to be a bit higher and the plastic a bit softer than the fn version. See pic. I was examining it and the action and noted the bold on occasion got caught in the racked position and dug into the follower? Any have similar experience? Is it safe to use- note in pic whet bolt made contact with the follower.
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I have a 40rd and a 30rd one, I've used with limited success in two AR15s. I get Failure to Feed on the 30 and 40 rounder the AR15 that doesn't have M4 Feed Ramps. They drop free, and are decent high quality

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got 6 of the E-lander mags almost 1 year ago and now have over 15 loading cycles through them. All have been perfect, when loaded with 29 rounds. When loaded with 30 rounds I had problems getting them to seat on a closed bolt. I intentionally used these mags as my primary training mags to see how they would hold up and they all did the job. I have added another 6 to go with all my Brownell's mags. I did not use them in any other rifle, I have not even taken any of my AR's out of the safe since getting my FS.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got 6 of the E-lander mags almost 1 year ago and now have over 15 loading cycles through them. All have been perfect, when loaded with 29 rounds. When loaded with 30 rounds I had problems getting them to seat on a closed bolt. I intentionally used these mags as my primary training mags to see how they would hold up and they all did the job. I have added another 6 to go with all my Brownell's mags. I did not use them in any other rifle, I have not even taken any of my AR's out of the safe since getting my FS.
So you have used these extensively on your fs?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So you have used these extensively on your fs?
Yes. I did not try them in any other platform. Once I loaded only 29 rounds instead of 30 they have been perfect. That includes running them in a class with a wet and slightly muddy range. I have a ton of Brownell's mags and they all have worked fine in my FS but I wanted to see how the E-landers would work so they have been my primary mag to use all summer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have several of these and had a lot of issues with the standard follower, including getting it to lock into the magwell at all. I swapped the followers out with Magpul and now they work flawlessly even with 30 rounds loaded in them. They lock in just as easily as the standard brownell mags now.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is very reassuring-- I have 10 of these as my go to mags -- really happy to hear no issues with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If they are your "go to" mags, then you should really try them out with your specific gun. I haven't put a lot of rounds through mine, but they seem to work fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Regular aluminum mags are perfectly fine, but I love the feel of the E-Landers. I use them with my FS2000 and have had zero issues with them. I load them up completely with 30 rounds. I don't hammer them in there like I'm Thor with his hammer. But I make sure they're seated with a good whack. Same as I do with aluminum mags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts