FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so my Scar 17 is basically a paper puncher range toy. I have been using a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP scope on it since I've owned the scar 17 for over the last year. I really do like that scope, but after considering, I realized that I needed a battle optic for more serious work if SHTF. I decided I wanted to go with the Elcan Specter DR for my go to SHTF 17 optic.

The glass is superb, and the eye relief of roughly 2.5" is really nice. Optic is super bright. I really, really appreciate that the shooter does not have to adjust thier position for eye relief during transitions from 1x to 4x. That's cool.

I guess I like it enough, that I went ahead and ordered a FDE Elcan to go with my future FDE Scar 16 that should be arriving next week. I'll post more pics when I get both rigs, 16,17 setup. They are expensive, but I think you get what you pay for in this optic.

While taking these pictures with my iPhone, I accidentally dropped the iPhone and shattered my screen. Face palm....

i I hope you guys enjoy the pics; that would make it worth it. Lol

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Alright, so my Scar 17 is basically a paper puncher range toy. I have been using a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP scope on it since I've owned the scar 17 for over the last year. I really do like that scope, but after considering, I realized that I needed a battle optic for more serious work if SHTF. I decided I wanted to go with the Elcan Specter DR for my go to SHTF 17 optic.

The glass is superb, and the eye relief of roughly 2.5" is really nice. Optic is super bright. I really, really appreciate that the shooter does not have to adjust thier position for eye relief during transitions from 1x to 4x. That's cool.

I guess I like it enough, that I went ahead and ordered a FDE Elcan to go with my future FDE Scar 16 that should be arriving next week. I'll post more pics when I get both rigs, 16,17 setup. They are expensive, but I think you get what you pay for in this optic.

While taking these pictures with my iPhone, I accidentally dropped the iPhone and shattered my screen. Face palm....

i I hope you guys enjoy the pics; that would make it worth it. Lol
Awesome pics! I'm not familiar with that suppressor but it looks sweet. Why wouldn't you have a life proof case?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: 713HoustonTX

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
The more I read and look the more I'm liking the DR,will definitely check one out after I get my eye fixed,just might like it over the Vortex Razor I want to get.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The more I read and look the more I'm liking the DR,will definitely check one out after I get my eye fixed,just might like it over the Vortex Razor I want to get.
I suggest getting behind one in real life before pulling the trigger. The Elcan looks like the end all be all on paper but suffers from 1 deal breaker (very tight eyebox) and some other minor issues that could be improved.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I suggest getting behind one in real life before pulling the trigger. The Elcan looks like the end all be all on paper but suffers from 1 deal breaker (very tight eyebox) and some other minor issues that could be improved.
I would disagree with classifying it as a "very tight eyebox"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts