FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here had the special edition Elcan Specter dr 1-4X? The different is the invert chevron reticle. I like this reticle over the dot & crosshairs on standard unit. The problem is that this version only come in black and I got an FDE SCAR 16s. ....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This is not good.
'not good at all.
Do you know what has been done now?
More decisions....

Reticle_DFOV14-C3A_01.JPG elcan_chevron_d.jpg elcan_chevron_d.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had ACOG with the chevron reticle and became accustom to the reticle. Talk to KERIF today and they only have one special edition left. They have the best price and service with discount for FN Forum member so I went ahead and get it. I don't think that I'm going the CERAKOTE route, too risky for such a great glass as this.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
I had ACOG with the chevron reticle and became accustom to the reticle. Talk to KERIF today and they only have one special edition left. They have the best price and service with discount for FN Forum member so I went ahead and get it. I don't think that I'm going the CERAKOTE route, too risky for such a great glass as this.
Well, if your change your mind, lemme know. I just had one done and the owner is extremely pleased with the finished product.

Consider the following picture below of one of my personal weapons/glass, in terms of dollars ($8,000+), and all done in Cerakote 'mud brown'.

Barrett BROCK.jpeg

-SS

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Well, if your change your mind, lemme know. I just had one done and the owner is extremely pleased with the finished product.

Consider the following picture below of one of my personal weapons/glass, in terms of dollars ($8,000+), and all done in Cerakote 'mud brown'.

View attachment 27336

-SS

OK,I got to ask..............What's up with the MRDS on the 45 degree mount...............Where are you going with this :-D

·
Registered
418 Posts
I dislike the commercially produced ELCAN reticle as atlonger distances the BDC holds are not fine enough for my tastes. I much prefer the regular Mil reticle.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the chevron reticle and an FDE 16. This was a deal which I couldn't pass up and I don't regret it. If the reticle and black really bothers you then go with mil reticle and FDE.

ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1400335382.387303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I dislike the commercially produced ELCAN reticle as atlonger distances the BDC holds are not fine enough for my tastes. I much prefer the regular Mil reticle.

Can I ask where near Huntsville you got this snow ? I have family there and you must have went north to shoot ? I wasn't told of such snow down there this winter ?????
I do see some snow on your rig, a rare occasion for a Bama scar ?
Do like the pics however.

Back to the thread topic, I went in another direction with the Cerakote, instead of coating a high dollar value item I did my pre-suit GSG in desert tan & burnt bronze. Then had my flare gun coated also. Both have held up really well.
Burnt Bronze 115.jpg

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Anyone here had the special edition Elcan Specter dr 1-4X? The different is the invert chevron reticle. I like this reticle over the dot & crosshairs on standard unit. The problem is that this version only come in black and I got an FDE SCAR 16s. ....
Got the SE gen 3 but it has the civi ret.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
It seems to me that the inverted chevron interferes with the sight picture at 2-300 yards. I prefer the Military reticle on my DR 1-4X. With the illuminated dot, quick acquisition is not a problem for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dot on 4x is 1.5moa. I would prefer to use the tip of the chevron. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm used to this set up from the ACOG. Sent Ken the check already, can't wait to get the scope... Thanks for all the comments guys.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Your correct, only currently stationed at Redstone Arsenal went back to see the family in December/January.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts