FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been asked a hundred times, but... Can anyone with experience let me know if the Elcan DR 1,5-6X allows for the focusing of the reticle to the individual user's particular eyesight?

I can't tell from online photos, and there does not appear to be anything which addresses it either online, or in the manual.

Cheers...

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Negative...however from my experience...Elcans are very forgiving...if your eyes can handle an ACOG...the Elcan will be go to go and probably easier to get behind as well...
Can I borrow your ACOG? 😁

Thanks for the comment, it helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
635 Posts
Can I borrow your ACOG? 😁

Thanks for the comment, it helps.

Cheers
I've given up on ACOGs...sadly...every single one of their ACOGs I got in the last 5 years have had either quality or performance issues...one that broke the camels back was a new ACOG that had unclean internal glass with finger print smudges all over the prism and brass shavings...so I am not a "trained" optic professional...but simply looking through the objective would have given that optic a no-go...but even if someone didn't do that...the sight picture was so hazy that it should have been a no-go...so anyways...I've switched to Elcan and couldn't be happier, when I need to use a prism type optic for a build.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've given up on ACOGs...sadly...every single one of their ACOGs I got in the last 5 years have had either quality or performance issues...one that broke the camels back was a new ACOG that had unclean internal glass with finger print smudges all over the prism and brass shavings...so I am not a "trained" optic professional...but simply looking through the objective would have given that optic a no-go...but even if someone didn't do that...the sight picture was so hazy that it should have been a no-go...so anyways...I've switched to Elcan and couldn't be happier, when I need to use a prism type optic for a build.
That's really good to know, as I was considering the ACOG as an alternative / second choice... or at least for another system.

However, I have been leaning towards the Elcan for quite some time, mostly due to its NV capabilities... and its sterling reputation.

Cheers, again...

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's really good to know, as I was considering the ACOG as an alternative / second choice... or at least for another system.

However, I have been leaning towards the Elcan for quite some time, mostly due to its NV capabilities... and its sterling reputation.

Cheers, again...
Yeah, ELCAN is better than ACOG...Trijicon has hardly improved the ACOG (albeit it was designed fairly solid to begin with)...I personally will not own another ACOG again...however I'd try a VCOG...

The only con I have with the Elcan is the traditional ARMS mounts...Elcan should, IMHO, switch to their Mk2 levers from factory...if you get an Elcan...the Mk2 levers are a worthy $25 dollar improvement to give you better lock up...

RMRs are still good to go...MRO is ok as long as you keep the dot centered...once you start moving your head around...MRO has distortion at the edges...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, the ELCAN is a better and more durable optic and the glass is unbelievable! As far as the mounts are concerned, if you don't plan to repeatedly remove the ELCAN, then the standard throw lever mounts are sufficient. The ARMS MKII mounts have that relief bar that that take pressure off the rail when you want to remove it. When I bought my ELCANs, I asked Ken at KERIF about this and he said you can contact ARMS direct and they will replace them for you (unless you want to chance doing the job yourself - not suggested). Because I didn't plan to move my ELCAN around multiple platforms, I didn't call so I'm not sure what they charge, but I'm told it wasn't outrageous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts