FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all purchased a case of 500 of the ss198 yesterday and the seller had a sealed box of 50 of the Devestator rounds which I also bought. Can anyone here give me a brief history and details of this round.
Thanks
Howfx

·
Registered
510 Posts
Depends on the iteration of DevestaTOR.

Brass or Copper? It's Elite Ammunition's LEO/MIL round. Not for resale.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes this is Elite Ammo with the Barns banded solid 45 grain brass bullet. I do know they have not been produced in a few years.

·
Administrator
12,008 Posts
That is because they are AP ammo and Elite got raided for making pistol ammunition that was AP without a FFL. You need a special FFL and stamp to make AP ammo.

Because of this, Barnes stopped making the Banded Solids for pistol calibers, a whole bunch of them. Good thing I stockpiled some of these. What I paid $16.20 for is now worth $350 a box. Wow, I got 10 boxes......

And I never though that Elite would do anything for me..... What a turn of events. I bought a couple of parts from them and the sale went well. What did you pay cause they are worth some bucks for the knowing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just reading about the raid that happened years ago. I paid $200 for a sealed box of 50 I really did not know what they were worth but I took a chance knowing Elite had not produced them in a very long while. I plan to just hold on to them. Wow 16.20 that's fantastic good for you

·
Administrator
12,008 Posts
I was just reading about the raid that happened years ago. I paid $200 for a sealed box of 50 I really did not know what they were worth but I took a chance knowing Elite had not produced them in a very long while. I plan to just hold on to them. Wow 16.20 that's fantastic good for you
Same stuff that they were using but I think that they lightened them by chucking them in a lathe and removing some metal to make them look like the T6 or something like that. So unless you open the box, you will not know if they are the regular BBS 45g or the "newer" T6 look likes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts