FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the range today my EOTech 556
took a dump. The small part on the inside that displays the sight picture fell out.... Anyone ever hear of this happening before?
i have to say i am dissapointed in something that is supposed to withstand battlefield conditions. And it failed on a bench.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The one issue I had with one of my EOTechs was with the battery box... I sent it back to the manufacturer and they fixed it free of charge.

Call them up and I'm willing to bet you'll be taken care of (unless you were using it as a hammer or something along those lines...)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naaa i think my SCAR is just too much of a beast for the EOTech.
i sent them an email. Waiting to hear a reply and see what they can do.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the 17S

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't think the recoil of the 17 could trash a combat optic.... Stranger things in life have happened though.
i am happy to hear the good things about the customer support though!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I didn't think the recoil of the 17 could trash a combat optic.... Stranger things in life have happened though.
i am happy to hear the good things about the customer support though!!
Just a note; make sure it's the real deal EOtech and not a knockoff, it happens!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I greatly prefer EOTechs to Aimpoint in the whole E vs A debate. But as anyone that is objective will tell you. EOTechs are reliable and robust but they do fail a little more than other optics. But anything can fail. And any manufacturer can have a poorly made product pop out from time to time.

I'm curious as to how old yours is? If it has been on any other rifles and how many rounds through the gun(s) it has been on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts