FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Eotech site and was overwhelmed by the choices. Which models should I be looking at for my AR15 and FS2000.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Get any AA battery model that doesn't have the NV setting, unless you have a pair of NODS you will be using.

I loved my Government issued Eotech 552. It never let me down and stayed zeroed the whole tour (Iraq) after getting the crap beat out of it. Being able to aim and shoot with both eyes open parallax free was awesome. You will likely not be using one that needs the nightvision setting so don't waste your cash on that feature. I used lithium AA's and they would last months. If you want an optic that makes shooting as easy as the cross hairs on a video game, go with the eotech.

Here is a good pro/con comparison of the eotech and aimpoint holographic sights:
http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2005/09/29/aimpoint_v_eotech_deathmatch/

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
imschur said:
Thanks guys. How do you know what rev it is?
If U order online, it should say it - typically in the title with the model #.

On the EOtech, U will see a tiny "F" on the left side - on the metal cage.

I have a 511 "F" - had it on my PS90 for 2 years now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Love my EOTech. Came home with it, slapped it on my M&P Tactical, dropped a .223 size laser cartridge in the chamber, put the laser dot on a wall light switch about forty feet away inside the house, and adjusted the EOTech dot to the laser. Went down to the river and right out of the truck was hitting empty soda cans at fifty yards sighting with both eyes open. :?

Only thing I don't like about it is taking the AAs out. I've had too many devices in the past messed up by battery leaks, so before the rifle goes into the safe I take them out.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That's a good idea to take the batteries out for long term storage. You never know when one will leak. In that case it's a good idea to have a BUIS mounted as well. That's one other advantage to the eotech, you can use a BUIS easily since it has such a large pane to look through.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the one thing i love about EOTECH is it will tell you if your nearsighted , because the whole dot pixles out :lol: of course it dose force me to wear eye protection

(running to take the batteries out of my EOTECH)

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I have an EOtech 511 with N Batteries. I don't shoot my gun during the hot summer months. But, I don't take the batteries out either. I end up changing them about 2-3x a year. N batteries don't last as long, and I'd rather keep them fresh (they are only a little over $3 a set.

As I do that, I don't bother to remove them when storing the weapon.

What if U need it quick. WHy don't ya just trade out your AA batteries 2-3x a year as an alternative to removing them completely. I doubt they will leak in that time period.

·
Registered
150 Posts
true , i'd personally love to see a robbers face when he come in the house with a knife and me standing at the other end with a FN FS2000 that pic would be priceless

·
Registered
164 Posts
ShipWreck said:
What if U need it quick. WHy don't ya just trade out your AA batteries 2-3x a year as an alternative to removing them completely. I doubt they will leak in that time period.
I got two answers, in my case, for that. One, the M&P Tactical came with flip up iron sights that I left on the rails. If I need to I can always use them. Two, if I were to need it so fast I didn't have time to flip up the sights then the EOTech itself is just a giant ghost ring. If the target is fairly close and in the center of the window you will probably hit it. :?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yeah if it's a target in your home, you are going to use reflexive fire anyway. Too close for sights to make a difference, unless you have some really long corridors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts