FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
THat was discussed on another thread recently. That and the knockoff Aimpoints, I believe.

That knockoff Eotech is not a true holosight. It's just a standard red dot scope (like any other red dot scope) - except, it's made to LOOK like an Eotech on the outside.

Some people have bought these before - I've seen a myriad of reports on AR15.com and a few other sites. Mixed results.

Most of these are for airsoft - meaning they probably won't withstand use on a real firearm. Now, if it is only for a range toy - and you can live with it giving out one day... Then fine. For self defense, I highly would not recommend it.

I was reading about an Aimpoint clone recently, and the mount for it broke off.

I honestly thought about getting one of these a while back - then I did more digging, and saw a lot of complaints.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have done a lot of research on these, and here is what I can tell you. The ones on ebay are a risk. The early red dot china clones have horrible ghosting problems and on some of them you can not even adjust where the dot is.

If you order from a site that stocks the newer generation versions, like
http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1157
(I have ordered a ton from here) then you will get a nice range toy.

They don't compare at all to a real eotech though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a GG&G. I honestly wish I would of just bought a real one though.

Its a 65moa ring with aproximately 6-8moa dot.

Pros: Cost me $80.00 Two colors, red for indoors, and green for outside. No probslems seeing it in the daylight with sun to your back. Ghost sighting is not a problem. Doesn't seem to use up batteries. Holds a zero on a .223 Carbine AR. Seems to be real durable.

Cons: Mount is kinda ****ty, but nothing locktite didn't take care of. Not a true holosight. Controls are not as user friendly as a real Eotech. Sometimes I will get a reflection of the sun on the glass. Dot is too big in my opinion.

Defnitely not disapointed. But for my primary weapon I prefer the real thing. For a range toy, or seconday weapon it's good to go all day long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts