FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a PS90 with the tri-rail which do you recommend. Eotech 512 or Aimpoint? Thanks,

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think the EOtech is tbetter than the Aimpoint. It also doesn't cost as much as the Aimpoint either.

But on every site - there are threads about which is best - Aimpoint or EOtech. They both are great. It just comes down to personal preference.

U will undoubtably get some pro aimpoint guys too.

U should see if U can look thru both and see what U like best.

After using my eotech, I can't get used to a regular red dot with a tiny dot on it like the Aimpoint has. I like the reticle on the EOtech.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Eotech is an excellent combat-proven optic and it was the first replacement optic I tried on my PS90's. Very fast target acquisition, the center dot still allows for precision aiming, 4 or 8 hr auto-off to conserve battery life, very wide FOV and comes w/a mount right out of the box (and, as mentioned earlier, is significantly cheaper than the Aimpoints).
However, I discovered that the control buttons aren't as quick or easy to use as the Aimpoint's rotary dial and it sits significantly higher resulting in even less cheek/chin weld.
I have since switched to the Aimpoint CompM4 and find the brightness control much quicker/easier to use, it sits significantly lower than the Eotech and I can leave it on 24/7 for 8 years on a single AA battery. However, it also costs about twice as much as the Eotech 512.A65 RevF (other Aimpoints like the excellent CompML3 are a bit cheaper).
Also as mentioned earlier, a lot of personal preference is involved so if possible I'd suggest you try them both before buying.
Another option is the Burris XTS-135 which is a decent Aimpoint-type optic w/o the Aimpoint's extreme battery life (or cost) and runs about $200.
HTH, keep us posted!...
Tomac

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not a PS90 but here is a pic of my FS2000 with a OETech and a C-more sight.

I think the C-more would be make a great sight for the PS90. Smaller profile, less expensive and adaquate for the distances the PS90 would be used at, as it more of a CQB weapon.

I curently have the EOTech on my AR-15 and the C-more on my FS2000.
When I get a PS90 It will be sporting a C-more. Not sure if the FS2000 will get another optic or stay with the C-more.

Of the two you mention, I lean towars the EOTech.

Just picture in C-More on here instead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/ResizeofPS90withAimpointCompM4001.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eotech no question.

Any optic mounted on a rail on a PS90 is going to be unusually high in relation to the boreline. Kind of like a scope mounted on top of an AR15 carry handle.

That, plus the fairly dramatic trajectory arc of the round makes your POI very different at different ranges (25 vs 50 vs 100 etc..)

The multiple reference points on an eotech reticle are extremely helpful in hitting where you want to with precision at different ranges.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For a PS90 with the tri-rail which do you recommend. Eotech 512 or Aimpoint? Thanks,
Let me first state that I have not used either the Aimpoint or the Eotech, although I have picked up and turned on an Eotech in a store. The following is based on assumptions that might be totally wrong, or totally right.....

I have the USSS sight on my PS90 and a Trijicon TA11 on my AR. The thing that I find somewhat disconcerting is that both of my sights are of the tube type, where if you don't have accurate cheek/chin weld, you're not going to be able to see through the sight. At a quick raise of the weapon to the shoulder, I don't always have the proper angle to see perfectly down the tube. I typically need to do some sort of adjustment to get the proper view through the sight. Maybe with a lot of training and repetition and muscle memory taking over, I could get my head in line with the sights quicker. That being said, I'm making a big assumption that the Eotech the C'More, and other similar sights all without the long tube would give you quicker target acquisition, without having to get the perfect cheek weld to get your eye inline with the tube.

Again, I may be wrong as I've never used either, but I'd think that the Eotech without the long tube would give you faster target acquisition. There might be reasons why the Aimpoint is a better unit, but I'm assuming it might give you the same issues I have with my tube type sights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts