FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking at purchasing a PS90... the triple railed version and I'll be needing an optic. I have an EOTech on my POF AR-15. Love it, but not sure I want to keep to the same optic for the PS90. I am looking at the Aimpoint T-2. Your input?

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
I have a T-1 on the tri-rail. For me it's the perfect optic for the PS-90.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
The T-1 is NV compatible, while the H-1 is not. Between those two...if you don't need NV then save a few bucks and get the H-1. I should have, but what's done is done. The T-2 is the newest iteration. I'm not sure of all the differences from the T-1 but it does have flip up lens caps. Either way they're built tough, compact and very reliable.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Either or will be okay for the PS90.
Heck, just about any sight will be great on the rifle

I started off with just a Burris FF3 reflex red dot on mine, and now have a cheap-o 3-9x Tasco on it (my eyesight sucks; even at 50 yrds i need magnification to be able to see what I am aiming at).

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Personal preference.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hello, looking at purchasing a PS90... the triple railed version and I'll be needing an optic. I have an EOTech on my POF AR-15. Love it, but not sure I want to keep to the same optic for the PS90. I am looking at the Aimpoint T-2. Your input?
The Eotech is the most satisfying and forgiving fighting optic ever devised but it's short battery life and spotty reliability(compared to the Aimpoint) make it purely a recreational optic in my book.

My M2, M3 and T1 have given me trouble free operation and great battery life despite some pretty brutal treatment(including being cooked on top of an AK gas tube rail) and left in sub-zero conditions for an entire Wyoming winter.

I prefer the experience of shooting the Eotech but I'd only bet my life on an Aimpoint.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
My eotechs keep crapping out on me. I enjoy them when they work.
If this is a fighting rifle I would go with a aimpoint h1 or t1/t2
It is a range gun get something like a primary arms micro dot.
since I am not jumping out of helicopters with my ps90 sbr I run a primary arms micro on it and am satisfied

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I had eotech on mine at first then switched to h1 when tried my friends. I don't need night vision so got the h1. I still liked the eotech and think they are good but aimpoint just fit it better

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Aimpoint x 100

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The Aimpoint is less bulky and has great battery life. The Eotech has superior and faster reticule.

As far as the Eotech is too fragile and not good enough for combat, I wish that somebody would enlighten these dudes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Aimpoint is less bulky and has great battery life. The Eotech has superior and faster reticule.

This is exactly what I was thinking, and when Lucid had their T1/H1 sort-of clone with a sort-of Eotech reticle I thought "AWESOME!" and ordered two. Search for my thread on what a colossal failure it was if you care... otherwise I have nothing more to add I suppose (and now wonder why I even posted here).

Someday when I have the funds, I will slap a couple of real Aimpoints on mine and call it a day.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I love the circle dot reticle, But I found when I put an Eotech on my wife's rifle, it ate batteries even when turned of for a period of time.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Some of the older Eotechs have that sort of problem.

This is why I favor the sideway CR123 battery model. You can switch them off for real

I love the circle dot reticle, But I found when I put an Eotech on my wife's rifle, it ate batteries even when turned of for a period of time.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
..it ate batteries even when turned of for a period of time.
Normal.

The optic has a circuit that is powered, waiting for you to press the power button, to turn it on.

Any Electronic item that does not have a hard wired switch does this. TV's Stereo's, DVD player's, etc.

Best to remove the battery, or batteries for long term storage. Besides don't want the batteries to leak, damaging equipment.

Reactions: 124C41 and LESTER

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you must go with one or the other, I'd go aimpoint because of profile & battery life.

Having said that, before I would go with either I would go with the FNS Black Reticle and tritium insert. That is personal preference though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts