1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, it will work. Be aware that the ERGO grip with the bottom cap is no longer produced. That is the Gen 1. The Gen 2 fixes issues that the gen 1 had (mainly rigidity) and does not come with a cap. It is odd that he doesn't have the ergo grips in stock as they are available pretty much everywhere, including directly from ergo, midway, brownells, etc.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it will work. Be aware that the ERGO grip with the bottom cap is no longer produced. That is the Gen 1. The Gen 2 fixes issues that the gen 1 had (mainly rigidity) and does not come with a cap. It is odd that he doesn't have the ergo grips in stock as they are available pretty much everywhere, including directly from ergo, midway, brownells, etc.
Ergo's website (I just now looked) says it has a special grip for the scar platform. It is labeled as such. I'm a little confused now. I assumed it would be the best for this platform when I ordered it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
It's been a while but I thought the package mine came in said Ergo SCAR grip. Best advice I can give is to try it and see if it fits perfectly like mine did.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Yes ergo sells a scar specific model. The earlier version was a little too flimsy feeling to me so I switched to a modded tang with a hogue.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes ergo sells a scar specific model. The earlier version was a little too flimsy feeling to me so I switched to a modded tang with a hogue.
The link I posted shows you the exact ergo grip I got from Stryker Enterprises. You are saying it will be "flimsy" ? :p

I posted pic's because if you go to the website you can't view product unless you make an account. Sorry I know that can be a pain in the a$$. Will This work on the 17?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The link I posted shows you the exact ergo grip I got from Stryker Enterprises. You are saying it will be "flimsy" ? :p

I posted pic's because if you go to the website you can't view product unless you make an account. Sorry I know that can be a pain in the a$$. Will This work on the 17?

Well Ike...... Thoughts? :-o

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Well Ike...... Thoughts? :-o
I would try it on the rifle. If it doesn't work I would imagine Jim would accept a return. I wish I could offer more but I never tried the regular ergo grip on my scar only the Scar version.

Reactions: Patton250

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would try it on the rifle. If it doesn't work I would imagine Jim would accept a return. I wish I could offer more but I never tried the regular ergo grip on my scar only the Scar version.
Thanks man. I will have it home today. I will try it. I will also get back to you on the salvo 8" noise comparison. Have a great day Kam.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The part number for the SCAR specific grip as it comes from Ergo is 4141 and it is listed as such on the bar code on the back of the packaging. The first runs of this grip had a core that was a little too flexible so it was changed to a harder material. This grip in all versions never has a plug for storage that I remember. I used one of the first versions of this grip and had no problem, but I did not use it in the field, just the rifle range. If you have the earlier version and want the better newer version just call Ergo and explain that you have the first version and would like the latest version. They will send you one for no charge. Note that the improved version has been out for a long time. There are two ways to check for the old core. Squeeze the bottom open end of the grip together with your fingers. The old grip will deflect without much effort. Another way is to place your rifle muzzle down against a soft surface like a rug, press down on the back of the grip like you are trying to tear it from the receiver. The old grip will rip off as the screw head pulls threw the core.

If you section any grip from an AR or SCAR the web that is between the mounting screw and receiver is of a certain thickness. When you take a Ergo grip that was made for an AR and remove material to make it fit a SCAR that web is made thinner and ends up weaker. When Ergo made the SCAR grip this web was made from the start to fit the SCAR so the strength of that web would not be lessened.

I would like to add that when I speak of the softer core material it does not apply to the standard Ergo grip, just the SCAR and the Ergo 2 grip.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Hey Patton, or any one else, I have a wide variety of pre-machined Grips for the SCAR from various vendors on my site (See link Below)
I started with the Ergo only because it's was the only thing available at the time But did the reverse engineering to machine both the base and the Beaver-tail so they fit the Radi on the rear of the factory lowers. I run the MOE, Stark or the MIAD on most of my SCAR's.

PMM SCAR Modified Grips. - Parker Mountain Machine

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hey Patton, or any one else, I have a wide variety of pre-machined Grips for the SCAR from various vendors on my site (See link Below)
I started with the Ergo only because it's was the only thing available at the time But did the reverse engineering to machine both the base and the Beaver-tail so they fit the Radi on the rear of the factory lowers. I run the MOE, Stark or the MIAD on most of my SCAR's.

PMM SCAR Modified Grips. - Parker Mountain Machine
Remind me why you are in a thread regarding product purchased from Stryker again? He asked if the grip will work, not for alternative options. We are all aware of your service.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This has been resolved. Please close the thread.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Remind me why you are in a thread regarding product purchased from Stryker again? He asked if the grip will work, not for alternative options. We are all aware of your service.
FYI this is not a sponsors thread so it is open for comments from anyone, even other sponsors.

Thread closed at request of OP.

Reactions: RHINOWSO
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.