FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I ordered a Rem 700, bipod, scope, rings, and sling, from different websites.

This morning I wanted to check the status so I went to the two sites that I ordered the rifle and scope from and noticed the tracking page was the same for both.

So I googled the URL on the contact page. TGSCOM.COM. It turns out they run about 50 websites selling all kinds of stuff. Their prices are dang good too. I can't imagine trying to keep 50 websites full of products updated with current inventory and pricing. Ugh.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Sounds like they have no store, no inventory. They just take your order and turn around and order it from another plus their markup. I bet your items are drop shipped from somewhere else. It lets them keep their costs down and prices low but there are lot of lowlifes playing this game so you have to be careful.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I agree, it's the old Halliburton shuffle. Zero stock on hand, they wait for an order then they order it from the maker, add their 10%-15% markup and drop ship to you and they never touched the item.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May be, I hope not. Their site said "In Stock" and they were cheaper than anyone else I could find on both items.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The Whois for TGSCOM is as follows

Whois Record
Registrant:
TGSCOM Inc.
PO Box 22044
Green Bay, WI 54305
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: TACTICALSHOTGUNS.COM
Created on: 12-APR-01
Expires on: 13-APR-09
Last Updated on: 24-MAR-08

Administrative Contact:
TGSCOM Inc.
PO Box 22044
Green Bay, WI 54305
US

Technical Contact:
Wayne, Ken
TGSCOM Inc.
PO Box 22044
Green Bay, WI 54305
US

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.TGSCOM.COM
NS2.TGSCOM.COM

It also looks like some stuff being tossed around at ar15dotcom but I didnt follow it up. I googled the phrase "TGSCOM.COM problem"

·
Banned
328 Posts
Their site said "In Stock" and they were cheaper than anyone else I could find

Reminds me of the time I ordered some 50rd mags from Botach...
Hopefully you won't have that kind of trouble TA.

I agree, it's the old Halliburton shuffle

I gotta remember that phrase. It'll come in handy at work someday.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew-hoo! or Yee-Haw.. or Hot diggity dog, or something like that...

We are notifying you that your firearm is being shipped. It should be available for you to pick up in about 4-6 business days. Enclosed in the shipment is a copy of your invoice in an envelope with your name and number on it for your respective FFL Dealer to call you. If you do not receive a call within 5-7 days, please contact them to prompt the transfer process. If you have any questions regarding this matter you can contact us toll free at 1-800-xxx-xxxx. We thank you for your business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts