FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone jump in on a couple of flashlight threads I started... So, what's everyone's fav flashlight here?

·
Registered
520 Posts
So far I love my Surefire 6P. Great light, solid, dependable.

I have been wanting to check out some of the JetBeam lights, though.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I haven't really gotten into flashlights at all. I use what's given to me or what's lying around. I honestly haven't gone out a bought one for myself yet. I've looked a bit, but haven't jumped in yet. That's why I read these posts to see the pro's and con's (not just the manufacturer's description).

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Surefire 6P, I have had it for over many years. It's a very dependable light.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Surefire E2D Led Defender, great little light. I always have it with me.

·
Registered
356 Posts
SureFire G2L. I've got like... 6 of them, or something. I don't care for the all-metal body of the 6P, so the G2 was the natural choice. And it's LED or nothing for me anymore. Plus, there's a ton of great drop-in's for the 6P/G2 series of lights. I love my Malkoff M60. That thing will bring down low-flying aircraft, I'd wager.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Favorite in what regard?

Coolest design: Cool Fall SPY005/Lumencraft Gatlight V.3
Brightest Microlight: Modamag Ti Draco/Drake
Sharpest: Mr. Bulk Dragon
Brightest: Mad Maxabeam Mag623
Best inexpensive AAA: Fenix LOD CE
Best Tactical EDC: Novatac 120P/HDS EDC60

Yeah...I was bitten by the flashlight bug. If someone had ever told me 5 years ago that I'd have a large collection of expensive flashlights...I'd have thought they were nuts. But, it happened.

If you want to look into the very best and brightest flashlights available, try candlepowerforums.com or flashlight-forums.com. However, be forewarned...flashlight addiction can be a horrible and costly malady. I actually started avoiding the above forums as of about 2 years ago, because it really was getting out of hand. So, my above suggestions are based on what I knew 2 years ago. Obviously, opinions will vary.

FWIW, my overall favorite go-anywhere-do-everything flashlight is the Novatac 120P, and my favorite 24/7 EDC flashlight is the Ti Drake.

Tim

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have one of those that you shake (kind of like jacking off), and it charges itself. Its worked for years with no problems. Not so tacticool because its clear, so I would wrap it up in some electrical tape and/or krylon it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
So... I've gotten into flashlights since my first post...

Fenix TK11, just started developing issues... won't go into turbo mode when I tighten the bezel. Not cool. My PD30 has been good and I use it quite a bit.

My daily carry is a Quark Mini 123 that has been great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
djv38 said:
Fenix TK11, just started developing issues... won't go into turbo mode when I tighten the bezel. Not cool.
I'm not familiar with this particular model, so this may be way off base, but...is it possible that the battery or batteries have lost enough power that turbo mode is simply not possible? Just an idea.

Tim

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Nope. Battery is fully charged (18650) and tried it with 2 new CR123's. Same deal. I've heard of it happening before with Fenix's bezel control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts