FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest build, 22 lr on bottom - CMT Upper, Colt Bbl cut to 6.5", threaded and AAC Pilot. Now I am just waiting on my Black Dog Full Mags. The SBR addiction grows...... :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's my question......

The 22 upper was built from scratch. When you pull the charging handle back, there is a slight hesitation when the bolt hits the hammer but it is about the same as the other two. When shooting, the bolt moves back enough to eject the spent round and load a new round but doesn't always move back far enough to reset the hammer. A quick pull of the charging handle and the newly loaded, unfired round ejects, the hammer cocks and the next round is loaded. I was wondering if a lighter trigger spring or low mass hammer might solve the problem. I asked the same question on another forum and someone suggested the JP Enterprises lighter spring set. I was thinking I might try that and their low mass hammer. Thoughts?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah some of the match hammers are lower mass, I had the same trouble with my .22 kits sometimes fireing 3-5 rounds in a burst or not reseting This was Fun as hell needless to say but it got some unwanted attention from people at the range.

Sure glad I switched them I cant get away from the match triggers now. Just wish the same could be done on my FS2000.

Il see what one I have but I do know I got it from brownells.

Btw the black dog mags lips crack if you are not easy of them crack but they fix easy with super glue.

Also, Very nice AR's cant wait for my "can" to come.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I ordered the JP low mass hammer and lighter trigger and hammer springs. I am hoping that will fix the issue. It did double a few times at the range and then right before I left, dropped about 6 rounds on full auto. My first thought was a second mortgage to buy an M16 :)

Thanks for the heads up about the Black Dog Mags too. I will add a tube of super glue to the range bag.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Np the one I have is a JP and it works fine.

Yeah I know how it feels, I fired a full auto one in .22 with a supresser once.. Man I was ready to lay down 10K right there for it. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts