FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who aren't familiar with CX debate the goal is to present an argument (about the actual topic) and back it up with evidence (books, articles, studies, etc.) The evidence must be read in a certain time frame to be considered/counted towards whatever side you are arguing for.

That's how it works now watch these fools make a mockery of it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
wtf. First of all, they're saying 'uh' way to much and why are they hyperventilating?

Geeze, and then the rapping? This is debate?

I'm really confused.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can always jam Tupac but not in a debate over war powers of the president. Seriously.

I was in debate in high school and I loved it. Speed reading is extremely difficult but entirely necessary to win in CX debate. Here's a better example of what it is suppose to sound like.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I can always jam Tupac but not in a debate over war powers of the president. Seriously.

I was in debate in high school and I loved it. Speed reading is extremely difficult but entirely necessary to win in CX debate. Here's a better example of what it is suppose to sound like.

That's just idiotic.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I'd that meme is far more appropriate for the first video I posted.
Yeah but initially I just thought it was those girls being dumb, I didn't know this is actually a thing in debate. That just take the stupidity of it all to another level.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I personally think Americas decline started when they started giving away trophies to all the winners and losers from middle school and up. Thus, this is an example of the same mentality. Funny thing, actually really sad-- they don't know how actually terrible they are. I guess when they can't work, are not competitive to work, can't figure any of it out cause they have a wall of debate trophies at home in their parents house b

·
Premium Member
9,491 Posts
That made my brain all itchy and uncomfortable. I'm seriously thinking of taking up drinking again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How is speed reading conducive to a debate? Clear concise position on your stance and clearly stating the information would be how I would understand a debate. Flinging so much crap out in an unintelligble manner so the other team looses the meaing is the main goal?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Holy Smokes, I am at a loss for words. I could not even make it half way through the video. These girls were the winners? This country is f**ked.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the greatest society's in the worlds history only lasted around 200 to 250 years before they collapsed we've past 250 year mark. our country full of self entitled free loaders is doomed

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How is speed reading conducive to a debate? Clear concise position on your stance and clearly stating the information would be how I would understand a debate. Flinging so much crap out in an unintelligble manner so the other team looses the meaing is the main goal?
Presenting evidence. What you don't see in this video is them naming the source and article. Think college research paper, I can make great points and be clear concise, all those things but if I can only get one piece of evidence in to support my argument and the other side presents an argument not as clear/concise but is on topic and valid then presents multiple sources, you lose.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts