FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new FS2000 from Tanner's this week. Hopefully it will arrive at my FFL today to try on the range by the weekend :D . I can barely contain my excitement!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got it.

I paid $2079 shipped to my FFL from Tanner's (I paid by CC). I picked it up Tuesday. Cleaned it that afternoon, but broke the tip of that takedown tool so I couldn't get the piston out.

With a full magazine the gun is still quite light, but balanced well. I zeroed the iron sights at the range and shot some surplus Radway Green ammo. I had to use the adverse gas setting with this stuff, but after that adjustment the gun cycled fine.

I called FN and they are sending me out another takedown tool. I plan to put an optic on the gun. I'm thinking of going with the new eotech 557 w the 4x magnifier. I have a 553 on my AR now and I love it. While on the phone with FN I asked about their optic. Bob Alizs the FN rep told me they had to redesign the original optic for the gun. They will be selling the FS2000 with the new optic later this year I think, but the optic apparently will not work on the current rail. He said the upper will be a new design.

The trigger is heavy and the thing I dislike most. Mag changes will require some practice. My initial impression is highly favorable because of the feel, weight, and length of the weapon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Whats the best price you have found on the 557 and 4x? From what I have seen it doesnt seem worth it. Its like 1500 for an optic and to me thats pushing it for something that isnt "amazing"

Glad you are liking the rifle. Its definately a cool piece.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Finally got it.

sandman608 said:
The trigger is heavy and the thing I dislike most.
Pull the trigger group out and clean it good, then use a quality teflon grease on the contact/pivot points. My local shop did this for me when I purchased my FS2000 and it made a noticeable difference in the trigger pull--both smoother and lighter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bonebreak2000 said:
Whats the best price you have found on the 557 and 4x? From what I have seen it doesnt seem worth it. Its like 1500 for an optic and to me thats pushing it for something that isnt "amazing"

Glad you are liking the rifle. Its definately a cool piece.
The lowest I've seen is $1100 for the 557 w/ the FTS 4x magnifier. I like the FOV of the eotech even though it's not as pretty as some other optics. I do know you can certainly spend a lot more also.

I found a good deal for a basically new c-more sight that I plan to use on my FN shotty, but I'll probably try it out on the FS2K also. I want some magnification for the gun since I'll use it mostly on my club's 100/200 yd range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

AverageJoe said:
Pull the trigger group out and clean it good, then use a quality teflon grease on the contact/pivot points.
You're referring to the component group that slides out from behind the buttstock, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts

sandman608 said:
AverageJoe said:
Pull the trigger group out and clean it good, then use a quality teflon grease on the contact/pivot points.
You're referring to the component group that slides out from behind the buttstock, right?
Yes, that is the way I understood it. The gunsmith took the rifle in the back to do the work, so I wasn't looking over his shoulder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts