FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still choosing between this, Vortex PST Viper 1-4, Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 or a Leupold with firedot. I know the. Eotech is a different type but I want to be balls to shoot close quarters and up to 300m or so. Seems like they all cover that.
But, I ain't proud so if you have a better idea.....I'm all ears.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Of your choices, I'd go with the a trijicon accupoint. It's very fast up close, good glass, good eyebox, really the only thing it is missing is ranging capability or hold over ability... But that doesn't matter out to 300, it's literally PERFECT for the application you describe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a 1.25-4 Accupoint and a Leupold Hog Plex Firedot 1.25-4. You are not going wrong with either and I have used them both on the SCAR. I can get along just fine two eyeing the 1.25 instead of 1 so it is a lot cheaper in my world. Some peeps can. Worth a try maybe as you can get more glass for other poppers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have an EOTech EXPS3-0 on my Sig 556R. I am thinking about getting one of the magnifiers for it. With just the EOTech on the Sig, and using the red dot, it will take out the center of the target at 100 yards. I am going to a 200 yard range as soon as I can. Our thoughts are the same, My Sig is for targets out to 200 yards and my SCAR 17 with a Nikon M308 BDC is for 200 yards out . That EOTech is very nice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have run 1-4 powers in 3 gun comps, and after many years of shooting I prefer a 1-6 or 1-8 power for a mid range rifle like the scar.
I cant afford one so I use a 3x9 TMR Lupy on mine, but if I had the $$$$ I would get a 1-6 or 8 Power scope for longer ranges
ELITE TACTICALSMRS 1-8.5x 24mm
Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm CQBSS M5B1 Front Focaland so on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts