FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I have a FNP in 9mm, I'm having troubles droping the mags. out on a combat reload, Does FN or any after market company make a extened or a tactical mag. release button for this pistol.
It is too short for me, I need to readjust my grip in order to push button in far enough to get mag. to release.

Thanks
kenner

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Which finger do you use when you release the mag??? I use my trigger finger when I release mine for IDPA and such. I'm used to my HK's mag release and I also have a little trouble with the button sometimes, I really have to press harder on my FN's mag release than I have to on my HK's mag release since its more of a lever and not a button.

Oops, forgot to mention I'm a lefty!!! For me, anyways, its easier for me to use my trigger finger to release the mag since its on the "left" side of the gun. Try switching the mag release, if your right handed, and see if that helps. Holding my FNP40 in my right hand and its a stretch to use my thumb to release the mag with my right thumb.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
That's part of the reason I use the flat back-strap on mine. It's easier for me to reach all the controls and I am able to drop the mag.

I wonder if one of our sponsors could make an extede mag release button. It doesn't look like it would be too hard, plus it would be pretty sweet :shock:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mag. release

Yes, that would be nice if someone could make an extended mag. release for the FNP pistols, that is the only thing that I do not like on the FN pistols, about another 1/8" longer and it would be perfect.
I was going to use this pistol for IDPA but I'm too slow on releasing the mag. I have to adj. my grip to much, so until I find a extended mag. release button I'll keep it out of IDPA.

Thanks

kenner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts