FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see that listed here: SCAR Parts

Did they stop using the rubber extractor spring inserts?

In the process of replacing sheared off extractor, and decided to replace spring too...

I have the spring, but I don't have a new rubber insert... And I don't see one listed for sale either....

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes! Cleanly, as a matter of fact!

But that wasn't exactly a surprise. It's a wear part... I've a spare one on stand by for a year now...

My 16 is one of the first 200 sold/bought in the US.

I have 20K + rounds on it. (16K on the 16" barrel, and the rest on the newer 10" barrel)

Many classes including local ones, ones with Ken Hackathorn, some with Magpul Dynamics (when Costa and Haley use to teach them).

A lot of suppressed fire, a bunch of Wolf over the years too...

You shoot something long enough, ****'s gonna break. :smile:

Back on topic though, any idea if a rubber insert is still used with the extractor spring?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to FN, they looked it up and ordered them for me.

I guess we'll have to see and wait what we get in the mail.

As far as installing the extractor pin cir-clip...

Just tap on it gently from both sides?

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, FN sent me the rubber extractor O-rings, and I wrestled with that stupid C clip...What a ***** though! Seriously FN??? The bolt head is not that different from a G36 bolt head, why the stupid C-clip? HK doesn't need it...

Back in business. Two extra complete Bolt heads ordered as spares, and a bunch of C-clips.

·
Registered
397 Posts
HI,
I just saw your thread. Yeah, I wondered about that. Awhile back I pulled the extractor on a SCAR 16 just to see what was under it. Found a bunch of brass, not good. I cleaned it out and came up against the damn "C" clip. I've got several ARs and was wondering why in HELL they design the thing with that clip in there. It make field repairs a B1tch.

I already have a spare extractor, but the butts at FN/Browning don't ship the spring or rubber bumper with the extractor...WHY? Anyway, I went to order the spring and rubber and no PN for the rubber baby buggy bumper. WTF?

Glad to see you got yours fixed. I'll see if I can get the rubber bumper, the spring, the pin and the C clip from FN for spares.

I wonder what would happen if I left the "C" clip off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts