FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BFAM. Benches there are a bit wobbly and prone isn't allowed so I make the best of the hand I'm dealt there.

I'm still gonna try to make it. Always wanting to learn more!

-SS

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Nice set up you got there Sarge. My shooting sidekick and I went to the range yesterday. Got there at opening at 8:00am, thought we'd leave by noon....yeah, we were there til close at 5:00pm lol. Shot open sights with the scar 17, did my share of bulls eyes and pretty much 2 to 5 inch groups all day at 100 yds. I was pleased with that for open sights. I must admit though, my favorite part was rapid fire and plugging holes in the man sized targets. These pics make me wanna go back, just can't get enough !

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice shooting and set up you have there Sarge. Is that an older Sinclairs rest? (frustrating when you have all the right stuff, and the bench is wobbly huh? Still - some great groups! My 17 doesn't like 175gr (any brand) at all. 167, and 168s are as heavy as my "Heavy" wants.
Glad you got to get out and enjoy the day with some trigger time! :?

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gents!

I hope everybody enjoyed the Memorial Day off with family & friends, and took a moment to say a prayer for our fallen.

LH7,

It's a Hart rest I've had for 20 years. Yah, the benches are flimsy and connected, and if the somebody as far as 3 positions away induces vibration, I see it in the crosshair. Still, any day at the range is always a good day.

-SS

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You still have the sticker on your rifle, it's been repeated a thousand times here that it makes you a newb!!!:th_happy-rotfl4: No FN ECP can either? :spank:

Hand load 175gr? Either way....seems the 17 really can dispense that pill (SS operator included) :)
He put FGMM on the target, Federal Gold Medal Match. As much as Jim/S.E. is working or talking to BBG, I doubt he's got time to sit down and work up hand loads.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hand load 175gr? Either way....seems the 17 really can dispense that pill (SS operator included) :)
Thanks brother.

I was running the Federal Gold Medal Match for a baseline. Sure beats chasing rainbows on initial load development.

-SS

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You still have the sticker on your rifle, it's been repeated a thousand times here that it makes you a newb!!!:th_happy-rotfl4: No FN ECP can either? :spank:

He put FGMM on the target, Federal Gold Medal Match. As much as Jim/S.E. is working or talking to BBG, I doubt he's got time to sit down and work up hand loads.
Working, talking to customers, staying on vendors, etc.. and yes, I do make time to handload. See the following thread...

http://fnforum.net/forums/black-rifle-room/59376-not-all-black-but-close-enough.html

-SS

·
Premium Member
13,500 Posts
Outstanding glass. Pricey, but quality doesn't come with the added tag of, "easy on the wallet", and I've gotten accustomed to not 'settling for..."X"' when it comes to chasing the apex in performance on weapons systems.

-SS
:smile:THANKS FOR THE REPLY IT IS AN AWESOME LOOKING GLASS

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.