FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Belgian Army has purchased 270 F2000 with LG 40mm grenade launcher for the infantry and recce sections. The Belgian SF-Group allready used the F2000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly what are they planning on doing with only 270 of the rifles, invade France? :lol: In all seriousness it is good to see this weapon in circulation, :idea: maybe the naysayers and nitpickers will get the proof they need so they can move on to bashing the next thing that comes along. :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Belgian army is a small army. The F2000 are use in the so-called "weaponshops". In a weaponshop the infantrysection can choose between different types of weapons in function of the threadlevel: Minimi, FNC, MAG,F2000 with grenadelauncher, AW and at platoonlevel .50, 60mm Mortar and Milan ATk. The F2000 are issued at 2 per Infantrysection and 1 for each recce-section.
And no, we arenot gonna invade France. Why should we, the beer in France sucks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
denflorre said:
And no, we arenot gonna invade France. Why should we, the beer in France sucks!
You do have a valid point about that. I think it is great to allow the weapon choice like you described, that way they get to pick the right tool for the job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F2000Tac

Me firing the F2000 Tac full auto.

First impressions:
advantages: small size, reliability, modularity (picatinnyrails for reflex-sights, surefires, laserpointer, possibility for fitting grenadelauncher..)

possible problems: type 4 mallfunctions (double feeds)are very difficult to clear, modularity (all that gadgets are making the weapon very heavy...)

·
Registered
111 Posts
damn i though my weapon looked cool.

their weapons are a ferrari to my BMW.... :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts