FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought someone here might be able to help me with a bit of research. I'm writing a novel, and one of characters uses an FS2000.

I'm wondering if the mag couplers that clip 2 mags side by side would work with the FS2K.

·
Registered
47 Posts
daddyo said:
I thought someone here might be able to help me with a bit of research. I'm writing a novel, and one of characters uses an FS2000.

I'm wondering if the mag couplers that clip 2 mags side by side would work with the FS2K.
I do not believe that it would, unless one magazine was flipped up-side-down and held at the bottom of the other magazine (and I've never seen one that was manufactured in this manner) reason being is that the base of the mag-well is so wide in comparison to AR-15/M16 designs, which the double-mags were made for.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ive got some 40's that are staggered that work in mine however they get in the way when shooting with the mag to the left.

Dont think you could do it with 30's.

Let us know how the novel comes out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, exactly what I needed although not what I wanted to hear.

I was hoping to have him do a tactical reload so the firefight can go on a bit longer (more action, more fun). He's coming out of bad guy central (a bar) and has pre-positioned the weapon to use in his escape. He can't have a mag on him, as he was searched going in so it has to be with the weapon. Any thoughts? Buttstock pouch maybe?

·
Registered
47 Posts
daddyo said:
Thanks, exactly what I needed although not what I wanted to hear.

I was hoping to have him do a tactical reload so the firefight can go on a bit longer (more action, more fun). He's coming out of bad guy central (a bar) and has pre-positioned the weapon to use in his escape. He can't have a mag on him, as he was searched going in so it has to be with the weapon. Any thoughts? Buttstock pouch maybe?
A butt-stock pouch would probably get in the way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
With how mammoth the slab side of the FS2k is you could hold a beta mag on the side with the right pouch.

I just tried it with some 30's and there to short, they get in the way of the mag release. Id take a picture of it with the 40's done but there all at work.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Its going to need to be hosted somewhere else, I think I used to be a member there.. I forgot after all my bookmarks went Poof.

Cant dl without login.

Also, yep the rail system would work.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
LOL, I did not hear the hero of the story was escaping from the People's Republik of Crazyfornia, but that would be a good plot twist.. and allow him to use the handle/mag holder...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, our hero is a Minnesotan. But I think "Escape from Commie-fornia" might just be a story unto itself.

I keep wondering if the IRS would let me deduct an F2K as "research expenses". Yeah, my wife laughed at that too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought I would update you guys.

The book should be available on Amazon.com around the end of August.

In the mean time, here's a little teaser.

I've got a little sample of one chapter (doesn't feature the FS2K unfortunately) on my website if you want to take a look.
http://www.mtoddbayliss.com

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
I hope Mr. Bayliss got permission from FN to use that image. I can clearly see the FN logo, which is protected material. :p

PEACE THROUGH ROYALTIES

·
Registered
64 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
I hope Mr. Bayliss got permission from FN to use that image. I can clearly see the FN logo, which is protected material. :p

PEACE THROUGH ROYALTIES
Ok mr. wet blanket... just when we were enjoying the cover lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The image is actually from a photograph taken by my cover designer, however I don't think they considered if the FS2000 shape was trademarked as that is atypical. However the logo does probably need to be edited out. It really isn't as distinct at full size.

I will check with FN just the same.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Beachhead said:
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:

PEACE THROUGH ROYALTIES
Ok mr. wet blanket... just when we were enjoying the cover lol
:-D :lol: drip.... drip...

PEACE THROUGH MOISTURE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't been able to get in touch with FN and its press time. Something tells me they are going to be a PITA about it, so the FS2000 is gone both from the cover and within the book.

That should make all the legal eagles happy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts