FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order with Impact guns on this model. I see that the Standard models are back ordered pretty much everywhere. Anybody have info on maybe how long the delay may be? Maybe an FNH rep may drop in and provide an answer? I would rather get the Standard model but that Tactical with the C-More offer till Sept. 30 IS pretty tempting.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That's funny. I buy stuff there all the time. Bought my 5.7 there, bought my p90 there, bought my fs2000 there. Bought my SPR there. Bought my Gemtech G5 there. I just walk in, say "I want that", fill out the paperwork and go home.

There's a lot of negative talk about Impact Guns on the interweb, but I know a few of the guys there that are just top knotch. (no I don't work for them) I just buy a lot from them and when something isn't in stock, I understand that they have 4 stores, internet orders, and I just plain old wait my turn. I guess I kinda did order my PS90, but it was on time and exactly what I ordered. People often times say they are "always out" of stuff, I'd guess that's because they sell a lot of guns, not because they don't care. Order one from a smaller dealer, it'll take just as long, order one from a larger dealer, you'll be put in queue with the bunches of other people who ordered. Still, the best gun store I've been too in a long time, and some really great staff, but it's different when you walk in and shake hands with someone who gets a commission off the sale, rather than an internet order, monitored by a person who probably isn't going to get a commission. I'd suggest ordering by phone, talk to someone in particular, then they'll have a vested interest in getting your order out.

I'll pass on a name or two if you want them, just PM me.

Zhur

·
Administrator
11,184 Posts
Impact will charge almost $2,000 for this rifle. You can check out Gunbroker and get a better deal and get the rifle right away.

Impact Guns = more out of pocket expenses and longer wait (unless you can go directly to the store in Utah and buy it).

I have had to wait a long time for some items from impact guns, sometimes months and months on end.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Impact will charge almost $2,000 for this rifle. You can check out Gunbroker and get a better deal and get the rifle right away.

Impact Guns = more out of pocket expenses and longer wait (unless you can go directly to the store in Utah and buy it).

I have had to wait a long time for some items from impact guns, sometimes months and months on end.
I have been looking at Gunbroker and see that what the people there are charging are about the same price or more even. Yes, there is a used rifle or two there, but I want new and the Tactical models do not come with the C-more sights. If I buy used, I cannot get the free sight.
My local gun dealers here are charging $2500.00 for the black tac model. That is just unacceptable to me. Getting disgusted with local gun dealers but that is for another thread.
Just got an e-mail from Impact. They are expecting delivery in 8 to 12 weeks.

·
Administrator
11,184 Posts
FoxFour said:
HK SD9 Tactical said:

I have been looking at Gunbroker and see that what the people there are charging are about the same price or more even. Yes, there is a used rifle or two there, but I want new and the Tactical models do not come with the C-more sights. If I buy used, I cannot get the free sight.
My local gun dealers here are charging $2500.00 for the black tac model. That is just unacceptable to me. Getting disgusted with local gun dealers but that is for another thread.
I bought mine (standard) on Gunbroker for $1700 some months ago. NIB plus I got the free C-More from FnH. It was the 4th or 5th FS2000 that I bidded on and got lucky and won the auction.

Shop around, bid here and there and maybe you can get a deal that is better than what impact is willing to offer you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Where did you get the STANDARD (the one with the 1.6x optic) NIB for $1700? I'd like to see that one. DEALER COST IS $197x.xx.

FWIW, when I first got mine, my local store said that his dealer told him they were only being released a handful at a time, and to various dealers. I paid $2075.

He had to wait 1 month before his dealer called him to let him know he got TWO in, and it would probably be a couple more months until he could get any more.

·
Administrator
11,184 Posts
itstock said:
Where did you get the STANDARD (the one with the 1.6x optic) NIB for $1700? I'd like to see that one. DEALER COST IS $197x.xx.

FWIW, when I first got mine, my local store said that his dealer told him they were only being released a handful at a time, and to various dealers. I paid $2075.

He had to wait 1 month before his dealer called him to let him know he got TWO in, and it would probably be a couple more months until he could get any more.
My mistake, it was the tactical (without the optic).

·
Registered
320 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
itstock said:

My mistake, it was the tactical (without the optic).
Thought so. :D

I read your one thread asking if $1700 was a good deal for an FS2000, considering that the standard would be out soon. I guess it was a set up to boost my ego, what can I say? :-D :-D

·
Registered
363 Posts
FoxFour said:
I placed an order with Impact guns on this model. I see that the Standard models are back ordered pretty much everywhere. Anybody have info on maybe how long the delay may be? Maybe an FNH rep may drop in and provide an answer? I would rather get the Standard model but that Tactical with the C-More offer till Sept. 30 IS pretty tempting.

:grin:

CDNN always has them in stock along with the C-More offer. They also have in stock - green FBI sighted PS90s as well as trirails and the FN offer. They have 5.7x28 USG and 45's in stock.

Go to "CDNN Investments" on your search engine and download their catalogue.

I hope this is helpfull to someone.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
363 Posts
FoxFour said:
HK SD9 Tactical said:

Boy: I couldn't agree more!!!

I've purchased guns through auctions, sent my money order, and never received my gun. Another time I sold a guy some 45 saa by auction, he got his guns, no complaints. He then wanted to trade his AR15 for a 1930 commercil luger. I sent him my luger before receiving his AR. He kept it and never sent his AR. I am done with gun auctions unless it's from somebody I know or trust.

You just can't afford to sue a guy in another state without spending 4 times as much as the gun is worth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts