FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell or have in stock a factory FN P90 short barrel?

I'm only interested in a factory FN barrel.

Please keep the aftermarket or cut down talk out of this thread.

I know they are hard to find.

·
Registered
47 Posts
AFAIK, the only shortbarrelled PS90's are the ones that come on P90's, and they don't sell those to public...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why not call FN directly and ask if the barrel can be purchased alone, separately from the receiver, which of course would be a P90 serialed receiver? It may be just a "replacement part."

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
The short barrel is not an optional buy for civilians as parts.

AFAIK CMMG buys standard barrels then sends them out to be cut and made into short barrels. This is probably as close to factory that you will get.

Start your paperwork immediatly - there is lots of stuff to do.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Scott- Keep an eye out on Gunbroker. There is occasionally a dealer or two that will post them for sale, but they are indeed few and far between.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As far as I know, the one I bought was original FN. I bought it from Impact Guns.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've seen an original P90 barrel on gunbroker but the guy wanted an insane amount for it, $900 reserve.

Lots of AFAIK's in this thread, but as far as I know, the receivers are built differently and you wouldn't be able to put it on your PS90 anyway.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ten bucks says you can.

The receivers are exactly the same, it's the hammer packs and the trigger stop under the safety that are the differences. The barrels were identical at the breach and there were no other difference with the exception of length. The barrel sleeve nor the bi-lock touch the receiver. The receiver is made of a softer metal (alum?) and would take damage if they butted up against the receiver. There is a small amount of play between the receiver and the barrel and the barrel is held forward by a strong spring located right behind the front end of the receiver. The reason that the barrel and flash hider need to be "tuned" to a specific ft-lbs is because it is at the end of the threads, not because it's up against the receiver.

Zhur

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
scottryan said:
HK SD9 Tactical said:
The short barrel is not an optional buy for civilians as parts.

Yes it is because I've seen them for sale in the past on the internet boards.
I should have clarified my statement better by indicating that they are not available from FN (Browning) as parts.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Zhur, I hate you and your sexy '90. Let me ask you this, when I go to the range and I take my baby, alot of people will gather around me with anticipation of me shooting or they just want to admire it. Now, being that you SBR'd it, people are naturally think that you have a P90...do you ever get any negative feed back on doing this?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had a forest ranger get a little uppity once and a sheriffs deputy, but it pretty much went by will a little talking and a radio call. Just have your paperwork in order.

Most people just stop over and say "Wow, what the hell is that?"

Zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Do you get those ppl that expect it to be full auto and you start firing and then they are like wth?! I have gotten that once too lol :oops:

·
Registered
214 Posts
CMMG manufactures barrels (or has them manufactured for them). Their barrels are stamped with their company name, the caliber of the barrel, and the twist rate.

The FN barrel has no markings on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts