FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a good picture of how they are set up? I am building a "factory replica" where everything on my PS90 is factory "sans the CMMG barrel and Gemtech Bi-Lock flash hider".

CMMG is out of stock on their 3 point factory slings.

Where can I find a factory sling plastic clip that fits in the slot under the sight?

Where can I find a FNH factory cigar cutter front sling attachment device?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Not the answer you wanted I know... But...

I suggest the ERT sling. Damn fine set up, in 1 or 2 point.

TA

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think the ONLY factory sling I have seen is the one that uses the cigar cutter type attachment - but it is supposed to be slightly different than the Magazine Parts one.

I too would recommend Urban ERT's 2 point. He is the only one I have seen to make the 2nd point go around the receiver in front of the magazine - in that tiny space. I was gonna go with the CMMG sling at first, but I like how Urban ERT's sling wraps around the stock, instead of just going thru that tiny sling hole.

But in answer to your question, U can call FN and see if they can sell U what U want directly. But, I still recommend the other stuff.

The problem with the cigar cutter sling is that it puts pressure on the barrel in order to carry it. That is ok, but U wanna take the weight off the front when firing it. The barrel actually moves a bit during firing. and anything pushing or pulling on the barrel can effect accuracy. That's why I skipped that type of sling. Now, guys with it just take the weight off the front part of the sling when shooting, but I didn't wanna have to worry about that.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I kinda prefer the sling that goes around the buttstock like this (and I like the way it connects to the frame instead of the barrel):

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shipwreck, no doubt your sling is better than the factory sling.

I want to build a "factory clone" so everything is factory equipment.

I will check with Bob at FHN then and see if I can get a sling.

Has anyone found any information regarding using the cigar cutter with the Gemtech Bi_Lock flash hider? Do you have to put the cigar cutter on before you mount the flash hider hence making it permanently attached to the barrel or can it be removed just like the factory flash hider?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fargo said:
Has anyone found any information regarding using the cigar cutter with the Gemtech Bi_Lock flash hider? Do you have to put the cigar cutter on before you mount the flash hider hence making it permanently attached to the barrel or can it be removed just like the factory flash hider?
The hole in the cigar cutter is too small to be used with the Gemtech Bi-Lock flash hider. You'll either have to use the Urban ERT Slings PS90 front sling attachment, use that rectangualr hole behind the rear sight, or use a rail-mounted sling mount.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got an e-mail that CMMG is sending out the factory FN sling that I ordered a few weeks ago. :D That was quicker than I expected.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I wish I could find a sling that snaps into the little slot under the optics, as seen in one of the FN videos.
Does the factory sling you are talking about do that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
MidwayUSA has the FN Tactical Sling for the PS90 in stock for $84.99.
<OUCH> I remember paying a lot less than that last year from them for one.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
I wish I could find a sling that snaps into the little slot under the optics, as seen in one of the FN videos.
Does the factory sling you are talking about do that?

Thats the one I want.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Alternate front sling attachment

If you use our old style WebLoop Lanyard as the front lanyard option when ordering our URBAN-SENTRY Sling with the rear P9X-V rear lanyard, you can use the rear optics post slot to secure the front of the sling. Let me know if you would like photos, and I will take some for you.

Best regards,
Cpl. Matthew Murray, President CEO
URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, LLC
www.urbanertslings.com
[email protected]
Defense T.E.C., Inc., Training Director
Firearms; Carbine & Handgun Instructor
Tactical SWAT Operator/Instructor
3892 Woods Bay Lane Plainfield, Indiana 46168
317-223-6509 USA

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rear optics post sling slot.

Fargo, The photos have been sent to you. The male buckle can be adjusted out from approximately 6" away from the post, to all the way up against the post. It is our old style WebLoop Lanyard.
Best regards,
Cpl. Matthew Murray, President CEO
URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, LLC
www.urbanertslings.com
[email protected]
Defense T.E.C., Inc., Training Director
Firearms; Carbine & Handgun Instructor
Tactical SWAT Operator/Instructor
3892 Woods Bay Lane Plainfield, Indiana 46168
317-223-6509 USA

1 - 20 of 30 Posts