FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase a factory type laser for my ps90? Also, if someone does know where one can be purchased, does any one easy or uneasy it is to install.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since installation requires some careful cutting on the currently irreplaceable stock I had my local 'smith do it after printing all the pics from the other site detailing installation.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Unfortunately, it is not a factory option. It's kind of a "do it yourself" thing by ordering the parts and doing a self-install. Or, if U can corral a gunsmith to do it. But, I would venture to say that most smiths have never done anything like that before :p

It would be cool to have. But, unless it was a factory install where U pay and they already have the parts and then install it for ya, I'm not gonna mess w/ it. The laser I have now is good enough.

I'd be tempted to get that LaserMax flat laser that is new. But it still isn't flat enough for me to put my laser and Scorpion Light all on the same side. Because it would be nice to have the inside of the gun w/ nothing attached, I notice it when its hanging by the strap and I am walking up and down the range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Laser Internal Laser QUESTION?

How do I go about getting a laser installed?
for my PS90?
Is this a good laser?
Is it reliable?
Do you know any one that would install it.
Is it reliable for LEO work?

Laser Internal Laser
Targeting Unit Economy
Version for Marui P90

http://www.dentrinityshop.com

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That's the problem. U pretty much have to do it yourself or find a local guy/smith to do it. Don't know about U, but cutting up my stock is not something I wanna do.

I think someone once mentioned their local smith was willing to do installs, as he had done a couple on their PS90s. But to be honest, I've seen some pics where too much was cut around the button area.

There isn't just 1 place that does this regularly and is willing to do it - at least not yet.

While an aftermarket laser won't be lined up with the bore as well - I chose to go that route - a whole lot safer and easier.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was in wysox to today to repair a DJS router how long does a install take?

·
Registered
152 Posts
What does it cost to install one of those bad boys, I don't live to far away and have a relative that goes to UPB. Where is the battery compartment? Isn't it usually behind the switch?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I charge $100
I will put the pressure switch at any practical place on the stock you choose.
Ensure that all the wiring is submersion proof. And sight the laser in using the shop receiver.

On this PS90 the battery is inside the stock. The stock must be taken apart to change the battery. The customer thought the battery compartment sticking out was ugly and awkward. I agree.
My new PS90 has the battery in the butt of the weapon, it is waterproof and secure but not very professional looking, I don't think I will be offering the butt battery option to my customers.

A

·
0 Posts
So, you could set it up to have the battery in the rear storage compartment above the trigger pack?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice, how do you set it up to turn on with trigger pressure? How does this work? Do you mount the pressure switch in the face of the trigger?

Have you found any other locations where the battery cap is still accessable but out of the way of your hands?

Would it be possible to swap out the laser guts for a more powerful green laser sight? Or even build one from scratch?

Aimshot makes a High Power 20mW Green Laser Sight features a 532nm diode that has a visible range of 100 yards in broad daylight and 1 mile at night.

http://www.azeotek.com/product_p/ls8300.htm

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I've seen the green laser thing asked before - on other boards, I've seen its aid numerous times that there isn't room to fit a green laser and the necessary stuff in that area where the emitter is sitting...

About 6 months ago there was some guy trying to do it but had no luck...

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but IIRC there is a more powerful laser diodes available for this setup but its only available to NATO for their P90s.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts